Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    whoopie

Planning a float trip for trout down the Little Red or White Rive rin Arkansas

Any Arkansas Hangers on here have a suggestion for a two day float trip fly fishing?

Selling my farm and hunting operation in Iowa plan to buy some property in Arkansas once its sold. In a couple years my new bride and I plan to make that our retirement home. Its warmer in the winter but still has all 4 seasons, plus I can spend more time Fishing, Hunting, and Hiking/Camping and what better place than the Natural State.

I would appreciate any personal experiences from folks on HF to help me in locating a stretch on the Little Red or White or North Fork for a two day float filled with great views, and great fishing.

Eric

Hammock
    WBBB. XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    What a great move, you will love Arkansas, plenty of great trails. OHT is 165 miles of some of the most remote and beautiful scenery I have ever had the pleasure to hike. The Buffalo river is more familiar to me than the Little Red, but you will not be disappointed. Arkansas flies under the radar as the place to go, but I traveled and hiked many places, and this area is my favorite. Cotter and especially Gastons are great places to stay and resources to use for some great small mouth and Trout fishing. Northfork has some great catch and release areas. Enjoy!

Scott

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Seccleston View Post
    What a great move, you will love Arkansas, plenty of great trails. OHT is 165 miles of some of the most remote and beautiful scenery I have ever had the pleasure to hike. The Buffalo river is more familiar to me than the Little Red, but you will not be disappointed. Arkansas flies under the radar as the place to go, but I traveled and hiked many places, and this area is my favorite. Cotter and especially Gastons are great places to stay and resources to use for some great small mouth and Trout fishing. Northfork has some great catch and release areas. Enjoy!

Scott
    Thanks Scott,

I will have to check out the OHT and get some maps. I'm leaning towards buying a place in Flippin, Mountain Home or Norfork area so I can be close to several float/hike options. Looking forward to taking my pontoon down the back yard and into one of those famous rivers. Hopefully next spring I can make the AR hang.

• + New Posts