TLR I live in Calgary and work in an office and want to get away from people for a weekend with a couple friends. Where should I go? Extra points for fishing and a view!

I'm planning on going camping this weekend with a couple of friends of mine.

Two of us will be in my hammocks, but my third friend doesn't have one, so he'll probably be in a tent.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where we should go?

I would love to be far away from anyone else camping if possible, so I'm thinking random camping is the way to go. Only thing is, I've never actually done it before (other than on my own property when I lived on an acreage), so I don't know the rules/etiquette of random camping.

I don't mind hiking a bit. Ideally, we'd be by the car because the other guys I'm with aren't equipped for backpacking, but if that's not reasonable, I don't mind walking in a couple hundred yards.

I'll have a sawyer water filter with us, so access to a creek or spring or whatever would be wonderful. I'd also love to do some fishing, but that's not a must.

I've been looking at public land use areas, specifically the Ghost one , but my concern is a bunch of drunken off-roaders making a pile of noise and possibly wrecking my car.

Also, we'll be leaving Friday after work, and one friend is driving down from Edmonton, so something close (within an hour and a half) will be a must so that we're not setting up in the dark.

Any thoughts?