DH Thunderbird DL 1.8 Blue/Black
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ (Synth)
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

Yukon Outfitters Mosquito Hammock

Just got mine in the mail over the weekend from Zilla and replaced the suspension with whoopies. Weight before modification: 24 oz. Weight after: 20.30 oz. I'd say that's not bad for including a net. This hammock is for my wife and we are gonna go test it out when she gets out of work at around 4. I'll try to put up some pictures.
    Last edited by lanejustin; 06-02-2014 at 14:57. Reason: Had to find Zilla's name, I forgot.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear -Modded
    Insulation
    Onewind Top/Underq
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    Nice! I got one of these hammocks from the HF Secret Santa last year, and I'm really happy with it. I took it on a couple overnighters, and then I gave it to my son for his birthday since he just joined Boy Scouts. I hope your wife enjoys it.
    - We're never going to survive this!!
    - Nonsense. You only say that because no one ever has.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird DL 1.8 Blue/Black
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ (Synth)
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    We took it out to the park for a test hang, got it at about 37 degrees hang angle, and she wouldn't get up so I could adjust it. I think she likes it. I've got a picture of her in it on my phone and I'll put that up later. She also wouldn't let me get the mosquito netting up in time for us to take pictures before we had to go, but it went up great, and I think it will work well for her. I think I will be putting in a ridgeline. I think I saw other people trying to figure out how to do it, but it looks like I should be able to string it up under the netting and through the ends. Not sure if anyone else has tried that, or if it doesn't work, but that will happen this weekend.

IMAG0187.jpg

I know she's more at like 45 degrees or so here, but that was the first lay before I did adjustments. Couldn't get her out enough to do full adjustments, but she was comfortable at 37 degrees where we ended up.
    Last edited by lanejustin; 06-02-2014 at 18:16.

Hammock
    DIYGS 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Blue HarborFreight
    Insulation
    sleeping bag & pad
    Suspension
    dynaglide UCRs
    Dang, I ordered two of these from Woot a year or so ago, but they ran out or something and never shipped (got refunded instead). I was kind of bummed, so I was hoping they were actually junk ...oh well, enjoy.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lanejustin View Post
    We took it out to the park for a test hang, got it at about 37 degrees hang angle, and she wouldn't get up so I could adjust it. I think she likes it. I've got a picture of her in it on my phone and I'll put that up later. She also wouldn't let me get the mosquito netting up in time for us to take pictures before we had to go, but it went up great, and I think it will work well for her. I think I will be putting in a ridgeline. I think I saw other people trying to figure out how to do it, but it looks like I should be able to string it up under the netting and through the ends. Not sure if anyone else has tried that, or if it doesn't work, but that will happen this weekend.

IMAG0187.jpg

I know she's more at like 45 degrees or so here, but that was the first lay before I did adjustments. Couldn't get her out enough to do full adjustments, but she was comfortable at 37 degrees where we ended up.

Cool , that makes my day !..

• + New Posts