Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    CJH NX-150(getting it soon).
    Tarp
    Stock....

NX250-NX150 questions, can you help?...

Hello:

Long time reader, first post, and on top of that im not contributing, im leaching off of your knowledge.

I will soon be selling my CJH NA with XL fly along with my soul to buy a new NX150. I have one question though, in the pass i have set up my NA on the ground using hiking poles and stakes. I am now wondering if this will still be possible with the NX250 and NX150 models, i would think it would be even easier, but i have my doubts as to how tall the "tent" would be.

Is there any way i can talk one of the lucky owners of a NX250 or NX150 models to set it up on the ground(carpet would be better)and shoot/post some pictures?.

Thank You.

Gonzzo.

P.S.
    AWESOME FORUM!!!!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Bump. Welcome to Hammock Forums!

I'm interested in seeing this as well.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Tarp
    Stock....
    Thanks for the warm welcome NCP. I have been looking at the design of the NX250 and im pretty sure it will set up just fine on the ground, i think it might even have a tiny bit more headroom than my NA did. I would still like to confirm with an owner though.

Any one out there that can confirm or deny this please chime in.

Thanks again NCP...

Gonzzo.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 15
    Insulation
    Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Gonzzo:

If I get a chance this weekend I will try setting the NX250 up on the ground in the back yard and snap a shot. I just got it a few weeks ago and don't have experience with any other hammocks, therefore can't advise how it would compare to an NA.

However, pitched on a stand it looks exactly like the brochure. If you set it up on the ground with the poles, I'm guessing you would have about a foot and a half of headroom. It has tabs at both ends for setting up without the poles like an NA, and if you took out the "curve" of the poles and went with a peaked roof it would probably give you another half a foot or so. Maybe more. The tarp is pretty good sized on this thing also - about 10 feet long and roughly eight feet wide in the widest part.

As aforesaid, I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to hammocks, but like that NX250 more every time I climb into it. Sacking out just doesn't get any better than that in my (limited) experience.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I can't imagine it wouldn't set-up fine on the ground. Can't think of a reason it wouldn't anyway.

OK Clark folks; somebody tell me why the NX250 is over $400? With the Vertex, I get it. But, beyond the tent pole and a few extra inches, what makes the NX250 worth so much more than it's cousin the NA?

I know this is a detour from the OP's question so mods feel free to remove or move. I just had to ask.
    Trust nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I can't imagine it wouldn't set-up fine on the ground. Can't think of a reason it wouldn't anyway.

OK Clark folks; somebody tell me why the NX250 is over $400? With the Vertex, I get it. But, beyond the tent pole and a few extra inches, what makes the NX250 worth so much more than it's cousin the NA?

I know this is a detour from the OP's question so mods feel free to remove or move. I just had to ask.
    Good question.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Stock....
    Thank you Cliff, i patiently wait for your post.

Thank you

Gonzzo.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Stock....
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    Good question.

Well cannibal, the only way i can come up with a reason why clark can sell their hammock for such prices is simply because, there are people like me who will stop at nothing to have the newest and neatest gizmo out there and will do whatever it takes to have one.

Now PLEASE dont get me wrong, i have a HHULBA too and use it alot but, i know my CJH better and im VERY partial to CJH.

WE all know there are other hammock manufacturers out there, just as, if not more creative than CJH but, lets face it, a can barely afford their prices.

Now, on to see what i can pilfer around this house....so i can get the newest CJH GIZMO

Thanks.

Gonzzo.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzzo View Post
    Well cannibal, the only way i can come up with a reason why clark can sell their hammock for such prices is simply because, there are people like me who will stop at nothing to have the newest and neatest gizmo out there and will do whatever it takes to have one.
    Hmmm, that sounds vaguely familiar.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Clark stuff is top notch in quality. I personally, am not a big fan of the lay of their hammocks, but I don't have anything bad to say about their quality. The NX series just strikes me as odd that they are so much more expensive than their other solo hammock rigs. I was just wondering if I missed something that would justify the large additional margin in price for the NX models.

Sorry for the hijack; I'll go back on good behavior now. It won't last, but I'll try.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 15
    Insulation
    Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    OK Clark folks; somebody tell me why the NX250 is over $400?
    I'm stumped as to the price point, unless you figure it by the pound. Clarks seem to go for about $100/pound and the NX250 weighs about a pound more and is about a hundred bucks more, plus a little for "innovation." Its certainly got elbow room in it, and space costs money.

I see from the Clark site that they can now be ordered online so they must be caught up on production. Hopefully they can now get cracking on those underquilts for the velcro "mystery strips."

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast