Hammock
    DH NightHawk and Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 20 UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie and Python
    Question. PapaSmurf can this come with the weather shield option and the bugnet on each end or is it bugnet only?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningCedar View Post
    Any update on the prototype timeframe?
    We were able to buld two more test hammocks today. We're getting much closer, but there are a couple things that need tweaked yet before we are ready. The length of the netting and overall shape is just slightly different now and I think it's close to what we want. We hope to take a couple final hammocks down to Fall Sprawl later this month. I'll post photos as soon as we get something worth posting. Biggest problem is finding time to build our own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by _jstevens2010_ View Post
    Question. PapaSmurf can this come with the weather shield option and the bugnet on each end or is it bugnet only?
    It will be available in net only, overcover only, or both net and overcover. The netting and cover will zip on from the foot end and not from each end like the DangerBird, but will use the shared zipper concept just like the DangerBird. The net and overcover will not be removable in this hammock.
    Last edited by PapaSmurf; 08-31-2014 at 21:28.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Hey Papasmurf...any info on if/when the gear loft will become available, and/or on which hammocks?

I'm pending dropping an order for a dangerbird...but wanted to see about including the gearloft if possible (and if I can wrangle the finances...LOL).

Thanks!

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    It will be available in net only, overcover only, or both net and overcover. The netting and cover will zip on from the foot end and not from each end like the DangerBird, but will use the shared zipper concept just like the DangerBird. The net and overcover will not be removable in this hammock.
    Anything new on this prototype of the new thunderbird? Also, I am not quite conceptualizing how you share a zipper but both net and overcover cannot be removed. I loved the early concept of the peak shelf and the modified zipper path with what looked like a dedicated screen section at the head end.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Looks Great Randy. Love the shelf.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    Anything new on this prototype of the new thunderbird? Also, I am not quite conceptualizing how you share a zipper but both net and overcover cannot be removed. I loved the early concept of the peak shelf and the modified zipper path with what looked like a dedicated screen section at the head end.
    We've got the first few NightHawk hammocks coming out within the 2-3 weeks and they're pretty much ready to go. This one will be on display at Fall Mahha, so keep an eye out for it.

NightHawk
    Length: 10ft
    Layers: Single
    Body: 1.6oz Argon, Woodland Camo
    Overcover: 1.6oz Argon, Black

Hammock
    Dangerbird by Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Cinch, Dutch Clips
    Do you have any specs and prices yet? I really like the zipper design. How are you going to have both a net and overcover use that setup? If its possible to do that like what's on the Dangerbird, will that zipper design be an option on the Dangerbird?
    Last edited by Twelve31; 10-07-2014 at 01:27.
    Occasional Participant in Reality

Hammock
    Dream H.: Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ;Z-seat
    Twelve31, I think that the net and overcover can share the same zipper half because the zipper is in a big U-shape. The net starts on one side of the U and the overcover starts on the other end of the U (both at the same end of the hammock). If so, then an extra set of sliders on both the net and the overcover might work very well. PapaSmurf, is this how it works?

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by sagamore View Post
    Twelve31, I think that the net and overcover can share the same zipper half because the zipper is in a big U-shape. The net starts on one side of the U and the overcover starts on the other end of the U (both at the same end of the hammock). If so, then an extra set of sliders on both the net and the overcover might work very well. PapaSmurf, is this how it works?
    It seems to me that if the zipper was in a U shape you could have an extra set of sliders and completely remove both the bug net and cover and use one at a time like the thunderbird, and position the sliders at your shoulder and open from where ever you wanted. I don't yet get why both need to stay attached. Hoping for some clarification on this.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    It seems to me that if the zipper was in a U shape you could have an extra set of sliders and completely remove both the bug net and cover and use one at a time like the thunderbird, and position the sliders at your shoulder and open from where ever you wanted. I don't yet get why both need to stay attached. Hoping for some clarification on this.
    The netting and overcover have 3 zipper sliders each. The first zipper pull (or "A-man" pull) has a colored cord to help distinguish it from the other two and make it easier to grab.

Netting - The first zipper pull goes the whole way around the hammock clockwise, back to the foot end. The other 2 zipper pulls (facing each other) are moved to where they are most convenient (right, left, center).

Overcover - Same exact operation, but it zips on counter clockwise.

Both netting and overcover share a single zipper half sewn to the body of the hammock.

The net and overcover can be opened from any point along the hammock. They can be zipped back and stored in the provided peak bags at the foot end of the hammock, but they can't be completely removed.

The number of zipper sliders do not determine whether the zippers can be separated at the ends. That is determined by the type of zipper. Also it is not possible to install double facing zippers pulls on a separating zipper and have it function correctly.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by PapaSmurf; 10-07-2014 at 16:08.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567