Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    AE New River MM TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images

Considering a RR

I’m considering adding a RR to my hammock quiver. If it’s everthing I’ve read, it will probably end up as my “go to” hammock.

I do have one concern though, for backyard hanging my quick hang tree spot is 11‘ feet apart.
    If I use my TurtleDog stand I have a pole length of 13‘. One of the videos I watched on the RR said something about a 15‘ minimum.

Is this correct? If so, I wont be able to use my quick hang and will have to buy another top rail to get the distance for the TD stand.

Thanks

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    My guess is that 15' minimum includes a foot+ on each side as room for adjusting the webbing. So, I think you're good for the 13', but you may find you need something custom to suspend it. I'm sure someone can chime in on exactly how long it is from the points of each triangle, but I don't think its 13' or more.

It definitely requires longer tree space and at times I found I was often at the limits of what my long tarp and avg length tarp lines could handle. I had other issues as well, so its something you'll just have to try. It wasn't all that bad for me, but in the end I went back to a gathered end.

My analysis is that it is truly a great camping hammock, though not so great for backpacking, at least compared to other setups. I'm sure some backpacking RR users will disagree with that.
    Last edited by dakotaross; 06-05-2014 at 10:36.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You will need a bit more length for the RR. Also pitching the tarp for a bridge requires a bit more attention. Great hammock though.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    PLUQ/Lynx Clone
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle | UCR
    My turtledog stand uses a 16' ridge pole and I'm attaching the straps at about 6" on each end. Any closer and the hammock bows too much to give you a flat lay.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    RR is great. I can get away with trees that are closer together, but you have to sacrifice a little stability. As long as you're careful, you can make it work.

• + New Posts