Hammock
    DIY DL Channel end Sewn Poly
    Tarp
    Walwrld sq,B/R.non
    Insulation
    Cman S/B alteredUQ
    Suspension
    strpwks/rope/rings

Question Selection Info needed. TTTM owners Et.al.

After buying the Parrot Bay hammock, and making my DIY model, I'm now looking at a few others. I understand these are very close to each other, and from details mentioned on their websites, I'm thinking they are the same thing badged differently. Having said that, these are my choices:

Eno Doublenest Olive/khaki 6'8"x9'10" 22oz. $64.95
    Treklight All green 6.6'x10' 20oz. $64.95
    TTTM All Camo 6.5x10.5' (double) 1.3lb. $50 ($20 shipping)
    TTTM All Camo 7.2'x10.5' (King) ?.?lb. $60($20 shipping)

The Ticket to the moon models aren't the pricey, high-end type, but they do have the very nice camo pattern all over that I am wanting. No "contrasting color scheme with most likely seams in the wrong places" Haven't seen one like that before in this price range until now. (yes, I'm still "new".) The other goodie for me is the extra width those two seem to have. I am interested in trying more width as in my DIY hammock, but in parachute type material. Weight for me is no issue at all.

My questions for anyone having the TTTM double, or King size is this: Is that 10.5' measured hook to hook, or end of fabric to end of fabric? I have one of the homemade stands in my bedroom measuring 10' between the uprights. (risk designed I believe? 2x4 with plywood ends, and 10'pipe holding the verticals vertical.) Will the 10.5' fit? If it measures 10.5' from hook to hook I might be ok.

Since length of the TTTM models are the same, and 6.5' wide vs. 7.2' wide is not much of a difference, I thought I'd "go big". Will this be "too" big somehow? I'm 6'1" tall, and 200lbs.

Thank you for any advice in advance.

Hammock
    DIY dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season tq+uq
    Suspension
    webbing, again
    Images

doesn't answer your question but...

The two-toned look from what I have seen is not to create a two-toned look, but more of a funciton of fabric width. Most fabric is roughly 60" wide, some 62", some 68", etc. To get the added width, manufacturers add roughly 12" to the outsides.

I have an ENO double and the seams are not an issue at all. I never notice them. I love it. I purchased one of the Ewin $25 deals when it showed up on here and the seams are in the wrong place. I think the seams were put in it to give it a two toned look or they started with smaller material. I even re-whipped it ENO style to see if that helped but it did not.

I am still new to this but I would go wider. I am 6'-1" and 215 and appreciate the extra room and flatness of the extra width. Even if you are an UL hiker, you aren't adding that much weight with the little xtra width and length.

Of the hammock dimensions I've flattened out and measured, they are usually the rectangle of fabric they start with, prior to hemming, sometimes the rectangle of fabric after hemming.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    My first (recently) hammock was a Travel Hammock, single , bright blue special that was on the clearance rack at my local sporting goods store. $15.00. That was a year or so ago, I'm weighing in at 300-330 lbs during the (fat) hanging phase of my life. Travel Hammock seemed to hang good at around the 9 foot hook to hook area. That left room for adjustment with the cute little cords they use. I did have the stock s-hooks fail. My hammock was rated for 250? I think, so I was pushing my luck here.
    Replace hook with biners or rings. It really hurts when a s-hook comes sailing back at you at mach 1. Ground is not pleasant either.
    My fabric and stitching have done well, considering the force my mass exerts. I do check the suspension and fabric/stitching b-4 getting in, just to be safe. I slept in this hammock about a month straight. I am constantly suprised that this hammock has held up, between me and the kids, it has it has seen alot of use.
    This thing stretched like crazy, so I had to do alot of adjusting at first,- hang it- set in it- let it stretch for an hour -and repeat-and-repeat-and..
    It has settled down now, probably more rope stretch, I was a rookie then, but now I wold have replaced suspension completely.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    All the hammocks you are looking at are pretty much the same except for a few minor details like brand labels. Since you are wanting camo, I would go with the TTTM.

I'm pretty sure the dimensions listed are for the fabric of the hammock and do not include the hooks. Remember that even though the listed length is 10.5' it will be shorter when you hang it with some sag. It should work fine with that stand.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    DIY DL Channel end Sewn Poly
    Tarp
    Walwrld sq,B/R.non
    Insulation
    Cman S/B alteredUQ
    Suspension
    strpwks/rope/rings
    Thank you for the responses. Big relief for me. I was hoping that would be the answer. I'd rather not be changing my stand around, or having to purchase a new one.
    Anyone have the fabric end to end measurements on the TTTM double/king to sate my curiosity?
    Last edited by Knighthorse; 07-13-2009 at 01:35. Reason: Added correct model to the question.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Travel Hammock, 8'- 6", just laying loosely on the ground, not pulled tight.
    DISCLAIMER
    Measurements are approximate, no legal ramifications, herein will apply. Please keep your hands inside the car at all times, etc,.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

• + New Posts