Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiblets View Post
    Apparently they aren't cockroaches, but wood roaches and they don't reproduce indoors.
    You mean I bought those roach traps for nothing? I guess I didn't need to hermetically seal my gear room either...

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    Web + Beckit Hitch
    Images
    Just wanted to say a quick Thank You to Chard, for heading up another great one! I know its not easy, always being the one that everyone here is looking to, to make the decisions and suggestions.

And a special Thank You to Keg! For not only being the great bow Paddler and educating my young ones and arranging our canoe rental (he also went out of his way to pick it up and drop it off!). Without Keg, I would not have been able to bring my kids on this most memorable adventure.

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Attachment 91025
    Quote Originally Posted by Iguana View Post
    Just wanted to say a quick Thank You to Chard, for heading up another great one! I know its not easy, always being the one that everyone here is looking to, to make the decisions and suggestions.

And a special Thank You to Keg! For not only being the great bow Paddler and educating my young ones and arranging our canoe rental (he also went out of his way to pick it up and drop it off!). Without Keg, I would not have been able to bring my kids on this most memorable adventure.

Chateau Keg. Quintessential Algonquin Hanging!

Hey guys,

As Iguana mentioned, we had a great time over the weekend. The trip was a little different this time, what with the kids and the two canoes, but the company was great as always and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful weather.

As for these EGL hangs, thanks for all the kind words, but anyone who's been on one knows how much I enjoy getting out, doing some camping/canoeing and meeting new people and frankly I consider myself lucky to have shared some pretty memorable adventures with some pretty great people over the couple of years. As far as planning goes, I prefer to keep things fairly laid back. We toss around some dates and locations, get everyone's input and then try to figure out what works best. Normally it works out pretty well, but for those that weren't able to join us this time, I do apologize.

To make amends, why don't we start planning right away for a hum-dinger of a hang this fall. Where? Lets keep our eyes on Algonquin somewhere off of Hwy 60 (Big Trout? Burnt Island? McIntosh? Boncherre?), but if I can book something in Killarney that might be interesting. When: The last weekend of September (Sept 26-28) to usher out trout season.
    Last edited by Chard; 08-05-2014 at 13:17.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Yeah, that Keg is good people.

Great picture chard! I miss being there so much! Glad you had a great time and great to hear Iguana's kids made it out. Don't think I can make a fall or winter hang but I'll try .
    Last edited by Bubba; 08-05-2014 at 14:02.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge/superfly
    Insulation
    Adict
    IMG_20140803_152618[1].jpg
    Different trip but the weather was fantastic and the kids were amusing (especially since I wasn't responsible for them).

Surprisingly the brand new 3 seat swift cruiser was pretty fast. Not exactly nimble on the winding creek but a nice boat (and thanks to Chard for the steering tip). The big lakes were remarkably calm, the sun was shining much of the time and the only rain we hit was for about 20 minutes while we were putting into a portage. The sites were pretty nice and despite being a long weekend it didn't feel too busy except at the portages.

Work for next trip is to help teach Chard that it's possible to pack lighter (especially when his kid didn't want to eat the loads of food he packed). At least it was just 2 short portages.

Even with the kids there I was still able to get my beauty sleep. Iguana looked pretty beat by the end of it though.
    IMG_20140803_145812[1].jpg

As for the fall, I think I've got our school trip that weekend but I'll double check.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345