Having trouble reaching BIAS via email/phone so I thought I'd reach out here in case it was my wayward spam filter...and also to tap the hive mind.

I'm 6 feet tall and 235 pounds or so, and I'm interested in lightening my pack.

My primarily ENO system works fine for car camping, but I want to do more backpacking, and I want to do it considerably lighter than that. I've been looking at the BIAS site for a few weeks now, and am thinking of going with a double layer WWM or WW, or a single layer Hiker Lite.

First off, will this work at my personal weight, or will my kiester likely break through this fabric hit the ground at 3 am? Is the additional supporting power of a double layer impacted by the addition (or lack thereof) of a pad? In summer I want it cool, and in winter, and I have an UQ, so I'd only use the pad in slightly cool months or very cold months (combined with the UQ).

Secondly, I never heard of calendared fabric before (for the WW), so naturally I Googled it. When I go to the Font of All Wisdom...Wikipedia...it says that calendaring is a process that does not hold up well. What does calendaring do for the fabric in the WW, and do I care if it stops doing whatever it does?

Thirdly, if I don't do double layers (with a heftier fabric) and I go with a buginator, am I likely to get my keister bitten through the hammock (and clothing I wear to bed).

Fourthly, can anyone tell me if Permethrin will react badly with any of the BIAS fabrics? Just got back from a hang in a salt marsh, and made the mistake of getting my arm up against the bugnet in the middle of the night...so I have skeeters on the brain.

Lastly, can anyone tell me the approximate weight of the 10 foot strap / whoopie sling / toggle suspension kit? I'd have sworn I saw a value on the site but now can't find it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!