Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down/ Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch

Norwegian onboard

Check, check....two three two two three ...hello everyone !

Thomas from Norway here, currently living in a small coastal town called Moss, but I'm still only a days travel from the thickest forests and highest mountains in the country (it's a relatively small country)

Been interested in the outdoors for a long time, but only recently got into hammocking. Was reading about the "2013 Winter hang" on FjellForum a norwegian outdoors forum and began investigating. The thread caught my attention, but I had previous experience from one of those nylon fishnet hammocks and was therefore very sceptical to hammocking. During my intense, but brief, searches before buying a used Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Asym Zip unseen, I came across Shugs videoes. What an inspiration that guy is !

So with hammock in hand I arranged to borrow an UQ from a more experienced hanger and initiator of the hang, and brought my old winter sleeping bag to use as an OQ. Used the stock seatbelt straps and plastic rope suspension and tarp that came with the Hennessy, but have since upgraded to whoopies and some Dutch bling and a Warbonnet Superfly tarp. Much mo betta.
    The hang and my virgin night in a hammock was the weekend of November 30th 2013 in -8oC (17F or so). I slept like a baby and haven't slept on the ground since.

Will try to post trip reports from my neighbourhood as often as possible, the FjellForum summer hang 2014 is scheduled for August 22-24. Location hasn't been decided yet, but since we're a small group we can wing it. Will be somewhere around Oslo and everyone is welcome !

2013 FF winter hang, my rig nearest to the camera

Last edited by 7homas; 06-19-2014 at 02:53. Reason: Typo's

• + New Posts