G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Did you get permission first?!<---that will be her look.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap

Lets see your indoor set ups!

Seems like some of you have built frames for your hammock (beds) or attached to sturdy walls... lets see some pics!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I just completed my DIY hammock stand with the brackets from Hammocks.com currently available for $19. You need to by the 4 x 4 at a lumber yard to finish it off. It's not the most beautiful stand. But I'll tell you what... it seems solid enough. Pics and vids to follow. But for my money... use a stand.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Did you get permission first?!<---that will be her look.
    ummm,sorta.

"hey honey, while your gone, I might hang a hammock in our room. Pass some more of your wonderful meatloaf..."
    I have 3 underaged witnesses to bolster my case.
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    ummm,sorta.

"hey honey, while your gone, I might hang a hammock in our room. Pass some more of your wonderful meatloaf..."
    I have 3 underaged witnesses to bolster my case.
    I love it

My only question is how do you all get by the fact that your wife/girlfriends or other. When they say what you don't want to sleep with me anymore? I dread the day that she say's that and believe me it's coming very very soon. After Rev's video I have nothing else to do but order it. Then what room I want to put it in is the spare room so not only am I not sleeping in the same bed but now I am going to be in another room all together.

I guess this is question for DEAR ABBY what have I gotten my self into......

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    I love it

My only question is how do you all get by the fact that your wife/girlfriends or other. When they say what you don't want to sleep with me anymore? I dread the day that she say's that and believe me it's coming very very soon. After Rev's video I have nothing else to do but order it. Then what room I want to put it in is the spare room so not only am I not sleeping in the same bed but now I am going to be in another room all together.

I guess this is question for DEAR ABBY what have I gotten my self into......
    I can see your problem...
    That would have been a problem for me back in the dating stage, but after 18 yrs, I think the fact that I won't hog the covers is a big selling point!
    I'm still treating it (to her and me) as an experiment even though I'm sure that it will be permanent.
    Worst case, stay in bed long enough to complete the 'required' snuggling and then slip off to the hammock for sleep
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    "wife, girlfreinds, or other", thats so P.C. cavediver.
    I spent the week prior to my indoor hanging/planning, eatin' beans and drinkin' bad beer.... she gave me her full blessings and then some. She has given me some greif about this whole hammock, OCD ,complex eccentric, thing. But , I just tell her it could be worse....and go back to my sewing and swinging.
    And Mrs. gargoyle is gone for a week....hmmm. ''self, what can I do now?''
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    spending long nights at a bar or spending long nights making hammocks AT HOME and testing them out in the comfort of your home, is productive, maybe cheaper, and your only a holler away from the family, my wife would give me her thread injector anyday, kinda off the subject but thats my theory, she agree's and has no problem with the somewhat goofy sleeping arrangements i come up with at times. i'm in the process of building a hammock type loft in my daughters bedroom so she can sleep in her hammock full time get rid of the bed at a garage sale help offset the cost of the loft, and when she has a sleepover wait til the guest see's where and what she is sleeping on. secret way of converting people at a young age
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The issue of significant others need not be an all or nothing situation. Last night I went to sleep in my hammock before anybody else was heading to bed. About 4:30 am when I realized my butt was scraping the base 4X4 I crawled onto the mattress and finished the night there. I still got a good sleep in the hammock.

I thrash and snore virulently in my sleep and sometimes I suspect she is happier having the space to herself anyway.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    as a.c. can atest i also snore loudly, and believe she sleeps better knowing i am in my hammock snoring keeping the skeeters away with my earth shattering snores, while she is inside on a mattress it works for us.
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast