Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks

Talking One year full time hanging!

Welp, today marks the one year anniversary of the day I disassembled my bed and replaced it with a hammock stand and my DIY tablecloth hammock! It's been a heck of a ride and I don't think I could go back. I originally intended to use my tablecloth hammock until I could save up for getting a nice Brazillian (hammock that is...) But here I am a year later still in the same hammock I'm still planning on switching over to a Brazillian hammock at some point though! Thanks to everyone here for their help and inspiration along the way. This is easily my favorite forum on the interwebs

Some things I've noted through the year:

My back feels better than it has in a long time.

I found myself a lot less stressed (not saying some still wasn't there)

I smiled more.

It's hard to start a day off in a bad mood from a hammock (did happen but a lot less often than when I was bed dwelling)

It was not a magic bullet regarding a perfect sleep every night/day (third shift worker) Though the quality of sleep I had felt a lot better, I still had my restless nights and some that were spent tossin' and turnin'.

It is amazing to be able to take your actual everyday bed with you when going to backpacking.

Overall I feel it has been a positive change in my life and I definitely plan to continue hanging full time.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Glad it's working out for you. I'm not full time but several nights in the backyard does me good.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quite an accomplishment! Seems like such a long time without a bed. I would like to get into this, but my wife thinks it's weird and didn't seem open to it...even when I said it somewhat jokingly.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Tewa Breeze
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Yeah, I think its pretty cool, but would also like to have a back up bed for other extracurricular activities
    Palm made products a portrait of modern triumph

Hammock
    Brazilian
    It just keeps getting better and better. Bet you'll like a Brazilian even more.

Hammock
    Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ply View Post
    Glad it's working out for you. I'm not full time but several nights in the backyard does me good.
    I've enjoyed several backyard hangs as well. The fresh air really makes a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Quite an accomplishment! Seems like such a long time without a bed. I would like to get into this, but my wife thinks it's weird and didn't seem open to it...even when I said it somewhat jokingly.
    Wasn't a hard accomplishment to reach! The hammock did all the motivating! It was a bit weird the first week or so, but once I really got everything dialed in for me the bed faded from mind very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2eez4life View Post
    Yeah, I think its pretty cool, but would also like to have a back up bed for other extracurricular activities
    I'm currently single and at a point in my life where straightening my main priorities out is more important to me than dating. I did have a girlfriend for part of the year, but the hammock aided rather than hindered ;D At least now I can use the hammock as a test for any future mates mettle > Barring that, I still have the bed frame and such not too far and it's quick to assemble if I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    It just keeps getting better and better. Bet you'll like a Brazilian even more.
    Oh I believe it! Next bonus I get from work I believe will be spent on getting a Brazilian and some pad eyes. I'm certainly excited for that!

Hammock
    Brazilian Organic Merlot Family
    Congrats on the one year anniversary. I hope to be able to say the same next year in early June.

Hammock
    Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by @Diagonal View Post
    Congrats on the one year anniversary. I hope to be able to say the same next year in early June.
    Thanks! May be the easiest "accomplishment" I've had in my life I wish your own journey many comfortable nights and lots of caught up (or at least better) sleep! I do have to warn you though, after you get used to the hammock full time, sleeping in a bed again may be a staunch reminder of all the pressure points and springs'n'things that make a mattress kind of lame.

Hammock
    Brazilian Organic Merlot Family
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidvonArk View Post
    Thanks! May be the easiest "accomplishment" I've had in my life I wish your own journey many comfortable nights and lots of caught up (or at least better) sleep! I do have to warn you though, after you get used to the hammock full time, sleeping in a bed again may be a staunch reminder of all the pressure points and springs'n'things that make a mattress kind of lame.
    Yeah, I keep trying to think of what to do if and when I travel. I experience no pressure point issues sleeping in a hammock.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Congrats on your one year mark!

I've been hammocking full-time for 6 months, and since I moved yesterday and couldn't sleep in my place just yet, I "slept" at a friend's. I started out on her bed, thinking, this isn't so bad, but couldn't sleep, so tried her couch, too soft, and then ended up on the floor on a thermarest and got some sleep but woke up every hour.

Can't wait to have my hammock back up again (should be in the next couple days.)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast