DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    My idea of adventure is to go to places where you could die and nobody would ever find your body. That's really easy in Arizona. You'd probably only have to drive 5 or 10 miles outside of Tucson to find a place like that.

I was born in TX (Lufkin), but if I ever had to live there again, it would probably be El Paso 'cause of easy access to AZ, NM & Mexico.
    Yea, we have lots of open places, that what appeals about the west with me too....

I've not spent a lot of time in east Texas with the exception of Houston, hot and humid is what I remember... El Paso is a great place, very similar to Az.

It's mid 80's on the Rim today, lows in the mid to high 50's. Sounds perfect for a group hang....
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Gathered end single
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    Yea, we have lots of open places, that what appeals about the west with me too....

I've not spent a lot of time in east Texas with the exception of Houston, hot and humid is what I remember... El Paso is a great place, very similar to Az.

It's mid 80's on the Rim today, lows in the mid to high 50's. Sounds perfect for a group hang....
    I have to agree. More and more the rim looks like where I want to be this summer.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL.
    Insulation
    Z-Liner UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    Hey Tess. My wife and I just got back from our first hang ever and I'm happy to say that the Rim country is great for hanging. We were at the free campground at Hannagan Meadow, just south of Springerville on the 191. Took us about 5 hours to drive from Cave Creek. My suggestion would be to arrive on a Sunday as we almost had the place to ourselves. There is a fun 3.5 mile hike to a small lake from the campground. Another nice site is KP, about 5 miles south of Hannagan Meadow.
    Get out and enjoy! We can't wait to go back.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Welcome from Florida!
    Ironically, the guy that wrote the book on hammocks lives there in Arizona. He goes by the handle of dehoja here on the forums. You can find his book, "The Ultimate Hang" on Amazon and many book dealers.

I have been in the Phoenix area twice, lately this past April, and other than Saguaro cactus, I didn't see any trees. Northern Arizona is a completely different story: love it up there.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Hello from another Arizonan. I am also new to the forum and hammocks, but a long time camper and hiker. My hammock is on order and am looking forward to discovering a new way to enjoy the outdoors.

Hammock
    Gathered end single
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketguy47 View Post
    Hey Tess. My wife and I just got back from our first hang ever and I'm happy to say that the Rim country is great for hanging. We were at the free campground at Hannagan Meadow, just south of Springerville on the 191. Took us about 5 hours to drive from Cave Creek. My suggestion would be to arrive on a Sunday as we almost had the place to ourselves. There is a fun 3.5 mile hike to a small lake from the campground. Another nice site is KP, about 5 miles south of Hannagan Meadow.
    Get out and enjoy! We can't wait to go back.
    I'll take a look at the area. I can't wait to take my gear out for the first not-yard camp.
    If you haven’t seen yet it looks like we'll probably have a group hang in Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Welcome from Florida!
    Ironically, the guy that wrote the book on hammocks lives there in Arizona. He goes by the handle of dehoja here on the forums. You can find his book, "The Ultimate Hang" on Amazon and many book dealers.

I have been in the Phoenix area twice, lately this past April, and other than Saguaro cactus, I didn't see any trees. Northern Arizona is a completely different story: love it up there.
    I've seen the book, but I did not realize that he was from here! Phoenix is very lacking in trees and Tonto which is the closest National Forest to me is nearly all cactus. Luckily northlands are not too far of a drive. It's one of the best things about Arizona, only about 2 hours to get in or out of the snow and trees.

Quote Originally Posted by lchavez View Post
    Hello from another Arizonan. I am also new to the forum and hammocks, but a long time camper and hiker. My hammock is on order and am looking forward to discovering a new way to enjoy the outdoors.
    I'm in the same boat. Which hammock did you order?

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Blackbird xlc with superfly. Really like the flexability and ingenuity of this design. And i have seen nothing but positive feedback on quality and comfort. Also, Brandon (i believe) has been very prompt in correspondence.

Hammock
    WBRR/WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Welcome to the forum, I've been following the thread on the organization of the September hang, but it looks like it falls on a weekend that I am working. Hope it goes well for all of you!
    Do what needs to be done when it needs doing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12