Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    Phoneix/Burrow 20*
    Suspension
    Figuring that out

No more Half-Taper Cut option on HG website?

Anyone else notice this?

I was researching quilts for a while and settled on Hammock Gear. Now that I have the funds to purchase my top quilt there is no half-taper cut option when customizing your quilt.

Any info?

I'd call/email Adam, but I here that's a crapshoot. Not their fault but honestly might get a quicker response here.

Hammock
    DH ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Superfly,Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG,INC/UGQ,FLTJ
    Suspension
    Speedos/Ankors
    Pretty sure half taper is standard w HG and anything else will have to be communicated

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I'll take a shot at this one. :-)

All of our quilts are now made with the half taper. We had the request so often that we just made it standard. Now if a straight taper is wanted, just send me an email. :-)
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    Phoneix/Burrow 20*
    Suspension
    Figuring that out
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    I'll take a shot at this one. :-)

All of our quilts are now made with the half taper. We had the request so often that we just made it standard. Now if a straight taper is wanted, just send me an email. :-)
    Awesome, thank you for the quick response.

I'm looking forward to ordering a set of quilts from you guys. Gonna place an order for a Burrow 20 and Phoenix 20 soon. Just have to decide whether or not I want the sewn or snap footbox. I'll be going to ground seldomly. Any input? I think I would like the reliability/ease of a sewn footbox.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    No problem. :-)

I typically recommend a sewn footbox for temperatures below freezing. They can be a little less problematic with drafts... Especially if you are prone to cold feet.

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    Phoneix/Burrow 20*
    Suspension
    Figuring that out
    No problem. :-)

I typically recommend a sewn footbox for temperatures below freezing. They can be a little less problematic with drafts... Especially if you are prone to cold feet.
    Do you guys see the snaps every becoming problematic after hard use? Snaps pulling out or tearing around where they are installed. That's my only concern.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    The areas on the Burrow where the snaps are installed are internally fortified to ensure continued functionality. This means that you should be able to properly snap and unsnap the footbox without damaging anything.

The gear that we make is designed with a specific balance between ultralight and durability. Hammock Gear quilts and tarps are made with the light weight hiker/backpacker in mind. I have done everything I can do to design the gear to be as light as possible while maintaining a certain standard of durability. What this means is that you should be able to take any piece of gear that we make on a thruhike of a long distance trail (there are a few triple crowners out there with HG tarps and Burrows). That is a lifetime of use for many people. What it also means that is that since it is ultra light gear, it should be cared for accordingly.

All this is to say that our gear is designed for continued use...not necessarily "hard use".

Of course I will stand by anything we make that has a manufactured defect such as a pulled snap.

~Stormcrow

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    Phoneix/Burrow 20*
    Suspension
    Figuring that out
    The areas on the Burrow where the snaps are installed are internally fortified to ensure continued functionality. This means that you should be able to properly snap and unsnap the footbox without damaging anything.

The gear that we make is designed with a specific balance between ultralight and durability. Hammock Gear quilts and tarps are made with the light weight hiker/backpacker in mind. I have done everything I can do to design the gear to be as light as possible while maintaining a certain standard of durability. What this means is that you should be able to take any piece of gear that we make on a thruhike of a long distance trail (there are a few triple crowners out there with HG tarps and Burrows). That is a lifetime of use for many people. What it also means that is that since it is ultra light gear, it should be cared for accordingly.

All this is to say that our gear is designed for continued use...not necessarily "hard use".

Of course I will stand by anything we make that has a manufactured defect such as a pulled snap.

~Stormcrow
    Exactly what I needed to hear. I plan on using your quilts for three thru-hikes in the next three years. This august I'm doing a Long Trail End to End, next spring an AT thru, and the following year a PCT thru. I am looking forward to using your equipment the whole way on each trip. You will be receiving an order from me soon.

Regards, and thanks again for your help.

Fastfox

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    Phoneix/Burrow 20*
    Suspension
    Figuring that out
    One last thing, anyone have a good picture of HG's woodland camo color. That's the one i'm looking to order and would like to see a picture of it. The only thing I can find is a picture on their website of the Custom Work. It shows a quilt in woodland. If its a lighter color scheme like the one shown that is what I want. Not a dark woodland camo.

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    One last thing, anyone have a good picture of HG's woodland camo color. That's the one i'm looking to order and would like to see a picture of it. The only thing I can find is a picture on their website of the Custom Work. It shows a quilt in woodland. If its a lighter color scheme like the one shown that is what I want. Not a dark woodland camo.
    Here is my Incubator 40 in camo.
    quilt3.jpgquilt.jpgquilt2.JPG

• + New Posts