Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    After talking with the misses, I may try to make the long drive down from Tupelo to join you guys. I may or may not have my 10-yr-old. It really depends on temps and whether any of you bring any similar age kids.

Although I have several hangs now under my belt, I would love to learn from a few really experienced folks. Hopefully, I can make it!

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MississipVol View Post
    After talking with the misses, I may try to make the long drive down from Tupelo to join you guys. I may or may not have my 10-yr-old. It really depends on temps and whether any of you bring any similar age kids.

Although I have several hangs now under my belt, I would love to learn from a few really experienced folks. Hopefully, I can make it!
    Ok, so I think I may try and make this! MississipVol, if we work out some logistics, we may can carpool together, don't mind taking my vehicle. I live in Batesville and you would eventually have to get to the East side of the state so why not shoot across Hwy 6 and we could hop on I-55. I have a week long trip on the AT in September so I will have to tread lightly around the topic for a bit, but I think I could make it work. For those who have kids, my 12 yo boy would be in tow as well. Looks like a great trip coming together. Hope I can make it. Thanks DaddyDaddy for getting this started.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images

Going to try!

Ok, so I think I may try and make this! MississipVol, if we work out some logistics, we may can carpool together, don't mind taking my vehicle. I live in Batesville and you would eventually have to get to the East side of the state so why not shoot across Hwy 6 and we could hop on I-55. I have a week long trip on the AT in September so I will have to tread lightly around the topic for a bit, but I think I could make it work. For those who have kids, my 12 yo boy would be in tow as well. Looks like a great trip coming together. Hope I can make it. Thanks DaddyDaddy for getting this started.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    I'm still planning on making this hang. Last spring at the Sipsey Hang we discussed doing a fall hang too, but there are so many hangs in the fall I want to attend.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    I'm still planning on making this hang. Last spring at the Sipsey Hang we discussed doing a fall hang too, but there are so many hangs in the fall I want to attend.
    Yep!! I was to attempt the fall Sipsey hang as well! I saw a thread started on that yesterday but could not find it earlier

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    Yep!! I was to attempt the fall Sipsey hang as well! I saw a thread started on that yesterday but could not find it earlier
    Here it is:www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?96349-Fall-Hang-and-Hike-in-Bankhead-and-or-Sipsey-Wilderness

Sorry Daddy Daddy, don't mean to hijack the Mississippi Hang. So we're still shooting for Nov 14-16 for this hang?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    I definitely like the idea of carpooling down, if nothing else, to break up a long drive. Driving to Batesville would add about 45 more minutes to the trip for me one-way but we could maybe meet in Winona and leave one of our cars there, at WalMart or something, splitting gas the rest of the way. My son is in 5th grade this year so they are pretty close to the same age.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Here it is:www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?96349-Fall-Hang-and-Hike-in-Bankhead-and-or-Sipsey-Wilderness

Sorry Daddy Daddy, don't mean to hijack the Mississippi Hang. So we're still shooting for Nov 14-16 for this hang?
    This seems to be the case Dale. I reckon we may as well call it the date at this point unless anyone else has an objection, better idea or shortness of breath (wait a minute - sorry - that's one of the side effects from the medicine). Coming soon to a planning thread near you.

I definitely like the idea of carpooling down, if nothing else, to break up a long drive. Driving to Batesville would add about 45 more minutes to the trip for me one-way but we could maybe meet in Winona and leave one of our cars there, at WalMart or something, splitting gas the rest of the way. My son is in 5th grade this year so they are pretty close to the same age.
    I'll have my boy with me. He turns 13 in October but he's a good egg and plays well with others. The influence of your younger ones could only help him. Chriss - looking forward to seeing you and your little man again. Looking forward to meeting the legend that is MississipVol. With the luminaries like Squidbilly, the kids and the cajuns this is liable to be a raging good time.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    Looking forward to meeting the legend that is MississipVol. With the luminaries like Squidbilly, the kids and the cajuns this is liable to be a raging good time.

I'm looking forward to meeting MississipVol too. Luminary ! ? I'm more like a doominary, but I agree: it sounds like it will be a great time.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Was a planning thread started for this and just missed it somehow?
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast