Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    When I first got in my blackbird i was uncomfortable. Then i found out the tree straps were too tight, then i was still uncomfortable. So i lowered them some more. better...Then i made sure when i layed diagonal that i reached behind my far side back and pulled the fabric out so i was'nt squishing it under my back, voila perfect. Also maybe your not diagonal enough, i thought it was a slight diagonal, but i find the bb works best on a pretty steep diagonal, good luck, dont give up hope, KEEP HOPE ALIVE! KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Photograhiker View Post
    I have a strange observation to report. I don't like laying on the diagonal for these reasons:

1. My feet pushing against the side of the hammock causes fabric tension against my shoulder.

2. There's a very slight but uneven and uncomfortable tension on my head and neck. I like the symmetrical feel when my head is in the center.

3. The knee tension can be relieved by putting a full stuff sack or pillow under my knees. This makes laying on the center very comfortable for me.

I currently have a DIY Speer-style hammock in which the ends are gathered like a Hennessey (according to the thread describing that on this forum). I briefly untied the knots and used whipping when I re-gathered the ends to try that, but I still felt too much tension which even significant sag didn't help.

Hammock
    DIY DL Channel end Sewn Poly
    Tarp
    Walwrld sq,B/R.non
    Insulation
    Cman S/B alteredUQ
    Suspension
    strpwks/rope/rings
    My process ended up with my suspension lines at about 45degrees un-occupied. Also lots of sag, more than I thought "looked" right. Got in, lied on what seemed like a crazy diagonal. My angle, with lying straight down the middle being 0deg, is about 30-35degrees across. Head way over on one side, feet at other edge. If I scoot more or less, I end up with that "ridge of fabric straight down the middle" feeling. Also, if you're more towards the "head" or "foot" end of the hammock, not balanced around the center, and lie diagonal, I've had the same "floss your butt" ridge. It is all about the "sweet spot". Finding that requires tightening, loosening, lots of wiggling around and experimenting. (I know, its kind of a dumb answer but seems to work out. I didn't think hanging/lying in a hammock could be complicated either.)
    My diy hammock fabric is 56" wide, and about 9'8" long. I am 6'1" and around 200lbs.

Images
    laying straight can be comfy. least shoulder squeeze of all in an end gathered laying in-line (imo). if you like it, go for it.

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle, DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, Speer TQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Photograhiker View Post

I currently have a DIY Speer-style hammock in which the ends are gathered like a Hennessey (according to the thread describing that on this forum). I briefly untied the knots and used whipping when I re-gathered the ends to try that, but I still felt too much tension which even significant sag didn't help.

I tried the hennessey style gather on my diy and didnt like it. Best for me was to gather it similar to sewn channel hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12