DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Anyone with a RR and an incubator short?

go to Arrowhead and get his ridge creek UQ. it works better than a Hammock Gear quilt
    http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...der_Quilt.html
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Thread bump....I just received my ridgerunner a couple days ago. I went to set up my incubator to see how it would fit and I could not even get the quilt suspension to reach both ends of the hammock suspension where I could attach the s biners. I had the quilt suspension shock cord stretched to the max. Any of you had experience with this?

After a little search it looks like most of you loop the shock cord around the spreader bars instead of going all the way to the amsteel past the triangle.
    Last edited by aclawrence; 11-16-2014 at 22:13.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I personally don't think that the Incubator works well on a bridge design like the WBRR. I tried to get one to work but ended up ordering a 20° Lynx from Brandon. It fits great on it.
    IMO.
    Exact same thing here. I tried making the 20○ incubator work with my rr but was never happy. Sold it and bought myself a lynx and it's perfect.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    Thread bump....I just received my ridgerunner a couple days ago. I went to set up my incubator to see how it would fit and I could not even get the quilt suspension to reach both ends of the hammock suspension where I could attach the s biners. I had the quilt suspension shock cord stretched to the max. Any of you had experience with this?

After a little search it looks like most of you loop the shock cord around the spreader bars instead of going all the way to the amsteel past the triangle.
    It seems that looping the shock cord around the spreader bars would also help in keeping the UQ spread across the width of the hammock bed. Is it working for you now? Also, the Incubator comes in 3 lengths - which one do you have?
    I have been considering the Incubator instead of a Lynx or Ridge Creek or Ambush for the ability to use it on other hammocks if the need arises.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    On the subject of Incubator fit - does the 'anatomically contoured' shape of the incubator make it hard to get a snug fit against the Ridgerunner?
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    On the subject of Incubator fit - does the 'anatomically contoured' shape of the incubator make it hard to get a snug fit against the Ridgerunner?
    This was the case for me. It was plenty big to cover the entire hammock, but I could never get rid of all the gaps.

Hammock
    DIY w/ Net
    Tarp
    DIY 11'x10' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies + TS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtupnsmoke View Post
    Exact same thing here. I tried making the 20○ incubator work with my rr but was never happy. Sold it and bought myself a lynx and it's perfect.
    Any rectangular quilt should work no problem with a bridge, unless the quilt is longer, or wider than the hammock (not the case here I don't think, since people are reporting success).

The problem may be with how the quilt is being suspended. A suspension designed for a gathered end quilt typically wont work with a bridge. you'll have to devise your own suspension, instead of relying on what's provided to work.

The easiest way to suspend the quilt would be to use shock cord off each corner loop, up to the ends of the spreader bar's. Make sure the quilt is tight to the bottom of the hammock. If you don't plan to "vent" you can just make fixed length shock cord loops. If you want to vent I'd rig up something with cord lock's on 1 end.

For example, On my DIY bridge (48" width at head and foot) and my DIY 40" x 50" quilt I use two 2" loops of shock cord off the head spreader, and have about 18" length of shock cord with bow-line loops on each end to the foot end spreader. Obviously with the Incubator being a full length the loops to the foot end will be different.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Thread bump...

I used my Incubator on my Ridgerunner last night with the Spindrift on, and it was quite fiddly trying to use the stock quilt suspension with the Spindrift on in the dark.

While I was not really cold, I was definitely not as warm as when the Incubator is on one of my gathered end hammocks. Mostly my back was a little cool. I'm sure the setup wasn't optimal, and I'd like to give it another shot really soon... in daylight when I can see what I'm doing.

I appreciate all of the shared ideas and experiences in this thread, and that'll give me a head start for the next time. So, thanks everyone.

If anyone has had great success with this setup, I'd love to hear your method.

I don't really want to have to buy a Lynx, but I will if I don't think I'll be able to make this setup work well enough to be as warm in the Ridgerunner as I'd be with it on one of my gathered ends in the same conditions. The Spindrift is awesome by the way, and my new favorite piece of gear.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    Wbbb, BMBH, Clark nx270, wbrr,
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB webbing, python
    The spreader bars are the same length on each end of the jrb. The body of the hammock is deeper. That makes it better as well when using the incubator.
    Last edited by Guitarman; 01-01-2015 at 18:46.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12