taking measurments from a WBBB

I'm not crazy...but I do have my moments! like my newest project. I want to build a dirigible. and since I'm building it for me, I want to save as much weight as possible- this by making it with as little excess mat'l as possible. and using a combination of cuben for a breathable fly , and tyvek for the side/bottom protection.(could revert to all cuben- we'll see) anyway I keep coming up against one road block. and that is getting the mesurments I need. the g.f. refuses to help in these things , so I need a way to take the mesurments myself , but I'm stumped as to how to load up the hammock , so that it's close to what the loading would be with a person in it. the local morgue doesn't seem keen on the idea of lending out the help I need and sacks of potatoes might be impractical..any ideas?

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    maybe sand bags or similar? If you are going to play around much it might be worth making the rough equivalent of a dressmaker's dummy. In this case a cloth body with sewn through seams to make compartments loaded with sand or similar material to approximate the width, length, and weight of a body.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

• + New Posts