Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

pentagon tarp with sewn bugnet and undercover, good idea?

I've been thinking up a design to replace the old "all in one" shelter system I had before..... and a thought came to me....what if...one had half a diamond on one side, and half a hex on the other side, for the purpose of having a porch mode?
    Also, what if one sewn the top ridge of a taco bug net to the ridge seam of the tarp halves; and attached zippers to the remaining halves to connect to a DWR undercover?

here is a sketch of what I am thinking;

because of the shaping and design, it would be separate from the hammock itself.... but unlike the HHSS system, the three components are all sewn together; and behind the silnylon end caps on the bug net, are loops for attaching UQ suspension parts, and it also connects to a SRL to take up the weight of the UQ. At least, that is the idea. the mesh doesnt need to cover the whole hammock, but just the openings, and due to the hex half on one side, one could pitch it porch mode, OR one could pitch it tight to ground, while the other side, being a diamond, would be pitched tight, OR porch mode for ventilation....

Tarp shelter design.jpg

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images

Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    the Arc Convertible gave me some ideas yes; the Hang N Out dirigible is close but not quite what I was thinking......the other, seems more just a sock with one hex half?

What I'm thinking is more like this; but instead of the hammock body having the bugnet sewn, its the undercover; and that the rain fly is much smaller, and sewn to the top of the bugnet ridge line, instead of being separate pieces....and in a very particular shape (triangle one side, trapezoid other side), since it might be more useful in the hot weather than a full on winter sock, but not as finicky in setting up as say, a tarp, hammock, underquilt protector and bug net........with a larger under cover, one could in theory have a more spacious interior on the hammock than one with integrated bugnet? idea is based somewhat on the Hennessy Super SHelter, but all sewn together/zippered together rather than 4 or 5 individual pieces.

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    I like the flexibility separates give, but I hope you build something and share photos, and a video or two. Sounds interesting!

• + New Posts