Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ/AHE UQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    As for the center ridge seam - there is no center loop because the tarp is designed with a catenary cut ridge seam - tying it up or running a continuous ridge line under the tarp would adversely effect the way the tarp is designed to hang. Brandon actually recommends using a separate ridge line from each end of the tarp (if memory serves me).
    In other words, it's made to 'sag' in the middle.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    As for the center ridge seam - there is no center loop because the tarp is designed with a catenary cut ridge seam - tying it up or running a continuous ridge line under the tarp would adversely effect the way the tarp is designed to hang. Brandon actually recommends using a separate ridge line from each end of the tarp (if memory serves me).
    In other words, it's made to 'sag' in the middle.
    OH! Now the original question makes more sense to me and I agree with you Passinthru. Some other extra large tarps like Kelty noah have one or more center ridgeline loops but this is not necessary with a WB Superfly. Also if you use a CRL it may be best to place the extra cord on the top, above the tarp, especially if you are using it to support side panel pullout pole mods. Several threads on that, mostly I prefer to do it the way Brandon shows in his youtube videos.

EDIT: add WB video and my comments:

Only a few reasons not do go with Warbonnetguy's recommendations: you are obsessed with Dyneemaź which does not hold a knot/hitch well, you fear knot tying, you are using a slightly different bit of Dutch bling, you are using a CRL with pole mod, or something else I will thing of later… Like super delicate tree bark so you just add straps for trees, a minor modification, basically the same system Warbonnetguy has shown in youtube video.

Superfly mini-pole modification to increase interior space under tarp without vertical post for side panel pull outs. OR:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-pole-tarp-mod

Several comments into this thread someone recommends using "dog-bones" made of dyneema to connect the ends of the tent poles to the side panel pull out tabs, this and laying the poles over the CRL suspended above the tarps RL is what I find works the best. Well,... attaching to tree branches that do not swing wildly in the wind actually may work better. If a tree branch blows erratically and rips your fly don't blame me, use common sense.

BTW, no need for fancy self tensioning hardware if you know how to tie knots and hitches and have the proper cordage for it. Also as Brandon/Warbonnetguy basically said 1/8" shock cord for this application is about as effective in preventing ripping as a "screen door on a submarine" (does reduce wind flapping), use common sense and test out your system. No need for a multiple degrees in engineering/science or years in test labs.

He does not sell cordage or self tensioning with superbly for this very reason, people with just throw it out and do their own thing, so it would increase cost for no reason. I have no idea why so many people disagree with his videos posted on his web site.
    Last edited by ntxkayakr; 07-02-2014 at 10:33. Reason: edit links added

Hammock
    HH explorer zip
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    potomac uq, bag tq
    Suspension
    diy ratchet straps
    I use calf castrating rings for my self tensioners. Thin shockcord didn't seem like it would do much tensioning. I just tied them into an alpine butterfly and then rethreaded a figure 8 at the end. I then use linelocs at the tarp end to adjust length.

Hammock
    Snipe/DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/Fleaz
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix *20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Jacks R Better sells Self-tensioning lines. I make my own but for the time and cost it was making them myself you're better off buying. Either way I recommend adding mini Line-Locs.
    Long Signatures Rule!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    NF Cats Meow Bag
    Suspension
    S.R.L from WL
    Ive watched these videos a few times, they just don't get old.