A Hello, and request for some friendly advice

hey all, I joined this great site about a year ago but I don't believe I've ever introduced myself so, Hello.

Anyway, I dove headfirst into a full-time hang in about February of this year, and while I did do quite a bit of research, in my haste I neglected to do one of the most important things, measure how much space I actually had to hang my hammock, and so I ended up purchasing one that was a might too big, but after roughly five months of fidgeting with knots and such I have finally gotten it to be quite comfy, however I do have a couple of concerns, as of now the knots are only using about half of the strings which I'm sure is dramatically lowering the amount of weight the hammock can hold, and I'd rather not fall to the ground in the middle of the night do to insufficient support. Also I don't want to completely ruin the strings if I end up building a stand large enough to hang it properly. And so all that being said, I was thinking since money isn't quite as tight right now I may simply buy a smaller hammock. I've narrowed it down to two, the Barbados from Byer of Maine https://www.byerofmaine.com/the-barbados-single.html and the ENO double nest (I'm sure you all know about it well enough for me not to have to put in a link). Both have their pros and cons, I'm just asking for some help in making my decision or if anyone has any other hammock suggestions that I should consider. Thanks.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    Hey and welcome to Hammock Forums.
    I'm not a "full timer" but I am a big proponent of Wilderness Logics hammocks.
    The WL hammocks are 11' and have a SRL length of about 108"ish. Their quality is unsurpassed and as comfortable as it gets.
    I highly recommend that you take them into consideration while you are looking for a replacement.
    __bob__

Hammock
    SLD TR, BIAS HL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ, AHE
    Suspension
    DW Whoopies/Straps
    Dont have exp. with the two you mentioned but.. Take a look at Grand Trunk UL and Simply Light Design. I have been pleased with both. Do yourself a favor and explore the cottage vendors here. You wont be dissappointed. Jared at SLD is great. As are many others. Pick your poison. Just start saving now. You'll be happier that you did.

Hammock
    SLD TR, BIAS HL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ, AHE
    Suspension
    DW Whoopies/Straps
    And check out all the stickies and vids you can find here. Much to learn young jedi.

• + New Posts