WBBB,traveler,yukon & home brew
    Tarp
    Tadpole & Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge and woob
    Suspension
    straps / whoopies

WBBB's are going to Sturgis

we've always tented out there but going to try to get a little more comfort going and take the hammock rigs. I think we have viable stands figured out that will break down enough to go in the little trailer I pull behind the bike. We'll be just north of Bear Butte so nothing taller than a fence post for a long way.

Anybody else going to the rally?

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ New River/PLUQ
    Suspension
    DYI Straps/Woopies
    When you mentioned Sturgis, the first thing I thought about was trees..

Sounds like a great idea, as it can be pretty hot in that neck of the woods the first week of August. The rally sounds interesting, but I'm not one for crowds.. I'll be hanging with a few others next weekend at the National Moto Guzzi Rally, but unlike Sturgis, it'll be about 400 folks spread out over a big city park in Elkader, IA.. Luckily I know there's several good hanging spots available.. It's a little more laid back that Sturgis, with just a bunch of old farts, drinking a few beers and getting fed huge pork chops (as you know, it's Iowa)..

All bikes are welcome, so if you want to try out all the equipment and hang out (and with) a quieter crowd for a weekend, wander a couple hours east.. http://www.mgnoc.com/pdf/mgnoc_national_rally_2014.pdf

I'm a BMW (and other stuff) rider, but I frequent the Guzzi Rallies because they're laid back and fun.. And usually around 300 folks.. I'll actually be riding my KLR over to this one to go play on the gravel and level "B" roads.
    No man is an island. Except the Isle of Man.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tadpole & Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge and woob
    Suspension
    straps / whoopies
    Wow, that sounds fun. I'll be helping a pal roof his garage or I'd check it out. Not that the bagger would want to get on "B" level roads.

Yeah, Sturgis=darn hot, too much wind & almost a total lack of trees anywhere you can camp out. I've been a dozen times & always wonder why we don't find a private spot to camp up in the hills, but never do.

Hammock
    DIY dl bridge
    Tarp
    Diy silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Outdoor ink straps
    We love the Black Hills and Custer State Park. Lots of spots to hang. Never been to the rally as we prefer less crowded. Have fun.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by kc0qnx View Post
    I've been a dozen times & always wonder why we don't find a private spot to camp up in the hills, but never do.
    yea kinda wondering why that isn't your plan also......lots of national forest campgrounds with millions and millions of trees to hang from, lots of them right off the payment too

as far as the rally goes, i try and avoid it at all costs but pretty hard living in spearfish to get too far away from it, although next year i think sodakggrl and myself are headed to glacier for the week

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tadpole & Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge and woob
    Suspension
    straps / whoopies
    I go to the rally for the bands & to ride with people that I don't see any other time. That's why I've always camped in the big campgrounds, primarily the Buffalo Chip for the past 10 trips. Therefore, lots of ground time & a killer back ache half the week to show for it.
    We decided to go to a different one this year but internet chatter says that one may have chained the gates and went away. If that's the case, we'll head for the hills & avoid most of the crowd as best we can ( except for the Tuesday, we bought tickets for Motle Crue & Alice Cooper )
    My buddy & I are the only two we know that hammock, most of the other guys whine about camping at all & will go stay in a 10x the price motel. So we're thinking this might work out into a Sturgis / Yellowstone trip as it stands now.

For family vacations & camping, the Black Hills has been our favorite destination for several decades. Love it out there, especially when it's not rally time.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR Double layer
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    Underquilt and pad
    Suspension
    Tato Gear Stand
    This will be my third time in five years going. I get there early to be sure I have trees to hang from. I have a superfly this time that I never had before. Lets hope its hailproof! Also, I finally dropped down some coin on some decent rain gear this afternoon. I had hoped to make the Black Hills Hang the year before just after the rally. But, repairs to the bike out in Mitchell SD cut my vacation short.

Hammock
    11 ft Dutch
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 season New River
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothill View Post
    although next year i think sodakggrl and myself are headed to glacier for the week
    boot
    I am going to try as hard as possible to not be here for the 75th as well, thinking about renting the house out and using the money to get out of town.

Went there about a decade ago. Found trees to sleep in at glencoe. Used a blue tarp just in case someone was having too much fun. Didn't want to risk the sil. And the bikes covered the noise of the tarp. Have fun.

• + New Posts