DH Thunderbird DL 1.8 Blue/Black
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ (Synth)
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

Switching to Hammock beds

I finally convinced my wife that we should switch to full time hammocks. So we are going to order a couple of Dream Hammock Freebirds JUST for sleeping in. Will probably go with pretty heavy materials since we aren't packing them with us ever. Just have to find a good stand to build that will hold my 300+ pounds. Any suggestions that will also look good.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Nothing against Dream Hammocks, they do great camping hammocks - but why don't you go with a Brazilian? For everyday sleeping indoors, I would go with natural fibers like cotton, linnen or hemp. It's simply nicer on the skin and doesn't produce static electricity.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Timberrr has been toying with a design that would allow us to essentially stack the stands so that we could if we wanted place them closer together but still provides a solution that looks somewhat elegant. Our turtledog stands are great and get the job done, but they are not pretty. I think he is planning to take this on over the weekend. I'm sure we will have some pics to post once we get it done. Not sure if what works for us will work for you, but hey we always share what we learned and that might be helpful.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ (Synth)
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    Timberrr has been toying with a design that would allow us to essentially stack the stands so that we could if we wanted place them closer together but still provides a solution that looks somewhat elegant. Our turtledog stands are great and get the job done, but they are not pretty. I think he is planning to take this on over the weekend. I'm sure we will have some pics to post once we get it done. Not sure if what works for us will work for you, but hey we always share what we learned and that might be helpful.
    That would be great, I'd love to see what y'all come up with.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ (Synth)
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Nothing against Dream Hammocks, they do great camping hammocks - but why don't you go with a Brazilian? For everyday sleeping indoors, I would go with natural fibers like cotton, linnen or hemp. It's simply nicer on the skin and doesn't produce static electricity.
    I haven't found a Brazilian that will hold as much weight as the ones Randy has suggested. He has a picture of a single layer with 520 pounds in it, and I'm planning Double Layer for mine. If we wanted to share the hammock I'd prefer to have more weight capacity.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 20*
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    400lbs weight limit

http://www.amazon.com/Amazonas-Parad...4408120&sr=1-6

I'd sugest something like this for sleeping at home. I have this exact one and sleep on it every night, I also have a 10ft danger bird, and I can say that I'm way more comfortable on the brazilian hammock. I love the danger bird for outdoors, but for inside, its cotton all the way for me!
    I'd rather be hanging.

Hammock
    Brazilian Organic Merlot Family
    Quote Originally Posted by lanejustin View Post
    Any suggestions that will also look good.
    What's your opinion of "look good"? I have a Vario stand, but I'm not sure everyone would think that it looks good inside a home. I use my stand and hammock as a bed for sleeping. Seaside Hammocks in FL, http://www.seasidehammocks.com has a nice selection of stands. That's where I purchased my stand and hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by lanejustin View Post
    I haven't found a Brazilian that will hold as much weight as the ones Randy has suggested. He has a picture of a single layer with 520 pounds in it, and I'm planning Double Layer for mine. If we wanted to share the hammock I'd prefer to have more weight capacity.
    I would give up on the idea of sleeping together in a hammock. I don't speak from experience, but based on my experience of sleeping in a hammock alone, I can't believe that two people in one hammock would be comfortable.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ (Synth)
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by @Diagonal View Post
    What's your opinion of "look good"? I have a Vario stand, but I'm not sure everyone would think that it looks good inside a home. I use my stand and hammock as a bed for sleeping. Seaside Hammocks in FL, http://www.seasidehammocks.com has a nice selection of stands. That's where I purchased my stand and hammock.

I would give up on the idea of sleeping together in a hammock. I don't speak from experience, but based on my experience of sleeping in a hammock alone, I can't believe that two people in one hammock would be comfortable.
    We don't plan on sleeping full time in the same hammock.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ (Synth)
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Update on this, we ended up purchasing the: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Hammock and Stand combo. 2 of them actually.

Should get here on Saturday, we'll try it out and see if we need to switch out the hammocks (hoping we won't have to). It was just 1 dollar more to get the hammock with the stand rather than just the stand by itself .

• + New Posts