In a few days I'm going to review setting up a bridge hammock for my housemate to use on a Kayak trip. I love my bridge hammock but mostly use a gathered end because I seem to have more flexibility with the trees (distance apart) I can use. But she loves her RR and plans to use it. The apex of the WWRR's two suspension cords, when hung, is about 13 ft. end to end. So I started thinking about that.

I'm very familiar with a continuous ridge line and the usual 11 ft tarp. And how the loop around the tree creates a "gap" the single line from the gathered end hammock goes through so when it swings a bit it doesn't bother the tarp - all is good there. But then I started thinking about the ridge runner and that 13 foot span... . First, that puts the double lines (that come together at the apex "buckle") outside the coverage area of the tarp - so I'm wondering about drip issues in the rain. If the rain just ran down the line to where it connects to the spreader bar, that would be a drip stop. But if the RR is in a sock, those lines go through grommet holes in the sock so the "drip", if it follow the line through those holes, will end up inside on the bottom of the sock.

Also, it seems if the tarp is to be strung low, its suspension has to go between the two lines coming from the spreader bars. It seems like the two lines at the hammock ends would be too wide to go through the "loop" of the continuous ridge line because that loop narrows at the tarp end.

So RR lovers out there - how do you handle that wide distance between the apex points being outside the coverage of the tarp? I'll check youtube again too.