Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL.
    Insulation
    Z-Liner UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps

questions for Clark owners

I'm a noob. Have two hangs in the last couple of weeks. So far, my $20 hammocks are working out great. However, Clark has really caught my eye and now I'm in a pickle. At 6'4" and 210# for myself and 5'11" and none of your **** business for my wife, would a Vertex be too small or cramped? We want to sleep together but I've been reading on the forums that this might be a little too short for me. The other option would be two nx-250s. It's a bit more expensive that way of course plus we'd have to sleep apart. However, I think maximum comfort will rule the day. If Clark had a better return policy, I'd try both options and return the least comfortable. Please Clark hangers, give me your unbiased opinions and I'll make my decision based on them. Thanks!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I've never been in a Vertex but i have had both a TX250 and an NX250. At 6'5" and 200# they fit fine. I think you can rely on Clark's recommendations on fit - and it looks like you are well within the comfort zone shown for the Vertex on the Clark site.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Like a tandem bicycle in some respects, in preparing for a long tour. If one of the pair doesn't want to spend many hours per day on a saddle, there is no way it is going to work.

And sleep is like that. So, I'd suggest that if you can't think of sharing for a nap, let along a full night's sleep , a full size -- not queen or king -- bed, then this will certainly not work.

I'd recommend side by side hammocks rigged to opposite sides of one pair of trees first.

Buy the Vertex. Leave the wife at home. Keep one side for yourself. Fill the other side with ice and beer. Drink lots of beer so you will be numb. Then when the wife whapps you upside your head with the cast iron pan, it won’t hurt so bad.

Go with two nx250s. Hang them next to each other and enjoy. With separate hammocks, movement will not affect the other person and a better nights sleep will be in store for both. Sure, it will cost a bit more but, that way if either of y’all go out alone your covered. Won’t have to haul extra weight round. jm2c.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    I'm 5'10" and vertex was too small for me, so we sold it. My wife, who's much smaller has also that her DYI 10' gathered end is much more comfortable even for her. A novel idea, but you're sacrificing a lot to be "together" in my opinion.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Oh and I'm 200 pounds. Forgot to mention that.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch
    I am comfortable in my Vertex, 5' 10" ~160lb. My girlfriend finds it very comfortable but she is petite ~5'. We really like the idea of sharing the hammock, its has a nice two-person tent feel. We don't have issues with movement during the night. I use two attachments at the foot end which definitely isolates the movement. I have been able to adjust my side with her in the other. Finding 3 trees spaced appropriately for hanging the Vertex can be a challenge but I haven't been short on options thus far. The Vertex has delayed the upgrade of my solo setup but I think it is a fair trade to keep her a happy camper.

Hammock
    HENNY HYPER/EXP
    Tarp
    CAMO VERTEX
    Insulation
    BBJB
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    hmmmm d_flo can you show pics of the isolating 2 attachments your talking about... I just got a vertex and I'm thinking that would be clever enough to do for my hanging!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbirds
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/Bullfrg
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*Zeppelin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just got a vertex haven't even used it yet, im 6'3 170lbs and my wife is 5'11 and none of your business. I hope our height is ok. I will have to let you know how it goes. So far quality seems great I'm not happy with how long it took to get it shipped I ordered over a month ago with express shipping but didn't arrive till today. Also pack size is pretty bulky. But I will let you know after this weekend. BTW this is my first post on the forum!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by SAAvage View Post
    hmmmm d_flo can you show pics of the isolating 2 attachments your talking about... I just got a vertex and I'm thinking that would be clever enough to do for my hanging!
    I don't have photos of the suspension (it is a shame that Clark doesn't do a better job with photos/videos of their products). Essentially the vertex hangs as two attached hammocks. At the head end it is obvious in photos. The foot end appears to have only one suspension point but it has two. The food end has two separate sewn channels, one at the foot of each hammock bed. If you're like me you'll replace the rope that runs through them with whoopieslings. I use whoopies, straps, and dutch buckles ... instead of using one strap/buckle to attach both of the whoopies I will use two straps and buckles, one right above the other, and attach each whoopie to a separate buckle. I first hung the vertex with only one strap and attached both whoopies at the foot end to it.

With only one person in the hammock there is considerable lean to that side. If you're looking for a solution to that I can't help you. I would love some advice in that area.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast