Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    st.paul mn.
    Posts
    14

    whoopies or 1" straps?

    i have a hh and converted it to whoopies a few years ago. with a biner i love the fast setup. how do the straps compare with the whoopies, ease, of use, low stretch, fast set-up, etc., to name a few. thks for your input.

  2. #2
    Rain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    Modified HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MacCat or OMW
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,362
    Images
    7
    Using the whoopies, do you use the carabiner to connect the whoopies to your tree straps? Trying to get an idea of what system you're going from.

    ,
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods
    .

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thunder Bay On, Canada
    Hammock
    DH thunderbird, TTTG switchback
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    pads, -25*UQ,0*TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    Posts
    353
    if you are thinking cinch buckle suspension(like dreamhammock or Dutch sells) with a carabiner or dutch clips, it is easiest and fastest. wrap tree, clip then do the other and tighten. whoopee slings are lighter and pack smaller. they aren't harder, but take more fiddle work than cinch buckle/strap.(for me)
    go to Dutch's website, he has videos on almost everything for suspension set ups. then you can decide.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    st.paul mn.
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Using the whoopies, do you use the carabiner to connect the whoopies to your tree straps? Trying to get an idea of what system you're going from.

    ,
    yes, whoopie to biner with shorter 2" straps on tree.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    st.paul mn.
    Posts
    14
    what i would like to try is to remove the whoopies off the hh and replace with the 1" straps used with a dutch clip, seem's like it would work, be quicker, thoughts? thks.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    st.paul mn.
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozea View Post
    if you are thinking cinch buckle suspension(like dreamhammock or Dutch sells) with a carabiner or dutch clips, it is easiest and fastest. wrap tree, clip then do the other and tighten. whoopee slings are lighter and pack smaller. they aren't harder, but take more fiddle work than cinch buckle/strap.(for me)
    go to Dutch's website, he has videos on almost everything for suspension set ups. then you can decide.
    if i were to install straps on the hh with a dutch clip, i would have to wrap the straps to get proper angle then clip. i have 6 ft. 1" straps, i do not want to use string, or buckles. just strap on hh and dutch clip.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gonzales, LA
    Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by solohh View Post
    if i were to install straps on the hh with a dutch clip, i would have to wrap the straps to get proper angle then clip. i have 6 ft. 1" straps, i do not want to use string, or buckles. just strap on hh and dutch clip.
    How would you adjust the length?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thunder Bay On, Canada
    Hammock
    DH thunderbird, TTTG switchback
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    pads, -25*UQ,0*TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    Posts
    353
    have you switched to a continuous loop through the whipped end? there is a tutorial for it

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    st.paul mn.
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    How would you adjust the length?
    yes, i had to try a couple different strap, dutchware configs., but happily i am back with whoopies, biners and shorter tree straps, as you said, better adjust ability. thanks for the insight.

Similar Threads

  1. WITHDRAWN: 7' Whoopies, 6' Tree Straps, & 2 BD Neutrino Carabiners for Atlas or Python Straps
    By Eric Labanauskas in forum [TRADED] Items no longer available
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2014, 18:12
  2. FS: Doodads (RL organizer, straps, whoopies)
    By cliffhanger in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-07-2014, 10:14
  3. Warbonnet Traveller w/ Whoopies and Straps
    By Poedog in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 21:58
  4. CHEAP Whoopies and Straps
    By taggart_lumpy in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 20:22
  5. ENO Single, whoopies and 1" straps. Help?
    By HanginLoose in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 09:37

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •