Hammock
    DIY Whipped End
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut
    Insulation
    Synthetic bag/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have grey tarp and camo and grey tq and uq. But my hammock is blaze orange. My reason is for signaling in the event of a emergency.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    DD 10'x10'
    Insulation
    SI mat, 3/4 UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch buckl
    Generally black and green colours. I like to blend in with the natural surrounds. Makes it harder to find if you get a bit lost though!

Hammock
    SLD TR, BIAS HL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ, AHE
    Suspension
    DW Whoopies/Straps
    Thats exactly why I chose orange for my rain jacket. So I can be spotted. If it was any other piece of gear uh...no. Good idea TN.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I like to be concealed out in the bush, so I purchased the digital camo Superfly. When pitched tight and low, it disappears in the Canadian boreal forests.
    As for my hammock, I am rocking a multicam Streamliner. My first hammock was a HH Exped, so there were no color options, but I am very happy with the look of the Streamliner.
    My UQ is a black and green MW4, and I use an olive brown UQP from 2QZQ. I guess you could say I have a blend of camo and earthtones. As I said, I like to blend in with my surroundings, so flashy and bright are out of the question for me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, and I would never begrudge someone for having a florescent, glow in the dark setup. Hell, I crack glow sticks and hang them from my ridgeline and suspension at night.

As for being spotted, my pack cover is bright orange.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    i have a multicam superfly and blackbird xlc
    Do you have pictures of your multicam Superfly. I would love one for hanging in the plains or desert.
    Last edited by snidetripod; 07-06-2014 at 23:37.
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.
    Adventures With Snide Tripod

Hammock
    TTTM Double, WBBB XLC 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, DD3X3
    Insulation
    UKhammocks TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Treehuggers
    My setup is all OD green(tarp and hammock) and Dessert tan(quilts and gear hammock). I like to be blend in some when going out in the woods.
    First there was the TTTM Double that I chose in green and tan, then got tan UQ and TQ. Last but not least got some OD green stuff from Warbonnet.

Hammock
    ENO SN or Sub7
    Tarp
    Noah's 9, ProFly
    Insulation
    AHE JB, ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I personally like bright/bold colors for all of my hiking/camping gear, though when all the hammock stuff is under a green or grey tarp, it doesn't much matter for others who might see. Interestingly, I have a "limeade" profly. Alone it is very bright and noticeable, but when hung in a lush forest, the bright green blends in surprisingly well. I suppose that is the best of both worlds for me.

I like natural colors but usually not camo because it looks too military. Don't get me wrong, almost all of my family is military or LEO and I've worked with and respect the military but, unless its surplus, I'll choose solid natural colors. I am trying some bright colors for tarp lines and such and will probably pait some spots on my dutch wear but I'm mostly greens and browns.

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6 Woodland Camo
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow 30/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Buckles 'n' Straps
    Me too... earth tones, green (I have a HH Expedition) out in the woods camping, red and black for the backyard or just out messing around.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My warbonnet and my two tarps are earth tones, all tones of grey actually, because that is whats out there, but my ENO is orange/light grey and my underquilt is a bright blue. I wouldn't mind a setup of all bright colors. I often get lost trying to find my way back to my campsite :P
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by snidetripod View Post
    I like to be concealed out in the bush, so I purchased the digital camo Superfly. When pitched tight and low, it disappears in the Canadian boreal forests.
    As for my hammock, I am rocking a multicam Streamliner. My first hammock was a HH Exped, so there were no color options, but I am very happy with the look of the Streamliner.
    My UQ is a black and green MW4, and I use an olive brown UQP from 2QZQ. I guess you could say I have a blend of camo and earthtones. As I said, I like to blend in with my surroundings, so flashy and bright are out of the question for me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, and I would never begrudge someone for having a florescent, glow in the dark setup. Hell, I crack glow sticks and hang them from my ridgeline and suspension at night.

As for being spotted, my pack cover is bright orange.

Do you have pictures of your multicam Superfly. I would love one for hanging in the plains or desert.

I have a pic here https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-first-hammock

I haven't set it up agian since i don't have misquito repelant without deet and they'll eat me alive...

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast