Hammock
    Kammock Roo w/ Dragon Fly w/WB SF
    Tarp
    WB- Superfly
    Suspension
    Python Straps

Red face Hello from southeastern MA... :)

Hey there everyone...

I don't usually do these introductions but I thought hey, why not?

My name is Mike and I'm from Southeastern Massachusetts (Dartmouth, New Bedford area)

I've always been an outdoor type person from being in the Boy Scouts as a younger boy to the Marine Corps as an adult. Now I try to hike and backpack whenever possible. I currently work for a local Law Enforement Agency which is what actually brought me to this great forum. After working with extreatmly high at-risk youth in the court systems, I decided to start an outdoor program which focuses on getting the youth out of the court setting and into an interactive outdoors program. Its proven to be a great place for the kids to work on all kinds of various issues and topics.

During this process I rceived some great donations from various companies etc... It wasn't until I got some donated hammocks for the program that I tried my first hang. I have to be honest I never really saw hammocks as a sleeping option until then.

I ended up purchasing a complete Kammock system which I love. I'm a bigger guy so the Kammock is great as it holds a big guy like myself VERY easily. When hanging I use my Kammock Roo (soft yellow) with the Dragon Fly net with the Warbonnet Superfly (dutchfly's and LoopAlian's are great) Unfortunately I don't have an under-quilt as of yet so my hanging is usually only limited to warmer nights. I'm hoping to get one for my set up soemtime soon. I know there are many posts on the subject here. I'm going to have to brush up on some sewing skills I guess when I get some time.

I'm looking forward to connecting with others here and learning more about this great activity. Please feel free to get in touch, I'm always willing to chat.

[FYI: Due to not having under-quilts we're having to keep to tent camping with the youth on our backpacking trips. If anyone has any ideas, or wanted to donate to a great cause... please feel free to contact me.]

-Mike
    Last edited by Valler; 07-05-2014 at 21:36.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Welcome to the forum Mike. The people from your area are the nicest I met. Because you are from Eastern Mass. You will meet a gentleman from your end of the state named Chaaz, forum name Skipainter, he is full of infomation.
    As far as sewing is concerned Raiffnuke is the goto guy for advise
    People from the Northeast are in NEHHA (if you breath air then you are a member). I hope you enjoy yourself
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Welcome to the forums and kudos and best wishes for your noble cause.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Kammock Roo w/ Dragon Fly w/WB SF
    Tarp
    WB- Superfly
    Suspension
    Python Straps

Thanks!

Thanks guys... truly appricate the welcome!

Also, thanks for pointing out a couple members to keep an eye out for in the area who are knowledgeable.

I'm sure there are many here from what I've seen so far, seems to be a great community.

• + New Posts