Wbxlc, Dutch chameleon
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubators
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch

Joutsijärvi, Kullaa, Finland

I came across to Joutsijärvi area by accident, while i was looking terrain maps from my tablet. I noticed campfire places, shelters and huts around the lake. I googled the place and I found a good place for my next hike.
    I asked my friend to join and he wanted to go. A few days before going, he canceled the trip, so I asked a friend from Instagram, if he wishes to join. He wanted, so we will be having first hammock meeting!
    Joutsijärvi couln't be found from any well-known website, such as luontoon.fi, so information about this area was quite hard to find. A few thing i found was some blogs and the store where buy stuff, one of the sellers knew the area and told about routes and terrain.
    Friend arrived to Tampere on Saturday morning, so i picked up him from the bus station. Then, hour drive to the Kullaa (small town near Joutsijärvi), then to Tammi (Oak) camping center, where we left the car.
    We didn't have a plan actually, the idea was to get around the lake to the Hiivaniemi shelter, However, the trip would be almost 20 km to there, so we decided to see how far we could go. Weight of our backpacks, in addition to neither of us had traveled such a load for a long time.
    The path was marked with red dots, along the route of the information points to area attractions or places. We followed the shore routes Vasoniemi, then a couple of miles to the Pitkäniemi shelter, where we had our first break and lunch.
    Then a longer hike, parts of the route we had to walk along the roads, then the trail continued again. One point we missed the trail, luckily only 200 meters. This was because of some forest logging.
    Then through the Ellinkangas trail and from this trail, we found lot's of blueberries and wild strawberries!
    Then we arrived to Kirkkosunti, we thought that the bridge between isles have been collapsed, but then we realized, that we had to pull the chains from the other side to drag the boat to ourselves, then pull the chain and boat with it to get into the other side! Task wasn't so easy with the backpacks, but managed to do it quite well.
    There was a bridge between the next isle, but from the map, i noticed that there will be the second time that we have to use the boat again.
    We arrived then Tuurunkangas open hut. We decided to have a longer break, we were pretty tired at this stage. It was already 4PM, then we were thinking, should we continue. We were quite tired (both haven't sleep well previous night) so we decided to return to the previous isle, where Kirkkosunti isle had a campfire place. We will be placed our camp there.
    There we set our camp with hammocks and tarps. Build up a nice fire and had a dinner. I went for a swim quickly at first, i was a bit of sweaty and horseflies and mosquitoes annoying me quite a bit. After a swim, they didn't bother me at all. It was fun to compare our gear a little bit, hammocks, cooking systems etc. I had this time the DD Frontline Hammock with me, Friend brought Ticket To The Moon single hammock, with separate mosquito net. The weather was fine, food was on fire and it was quiet. Later in the evening, I took photos from a sunset and then we fried some sausage on fire.
    Feets were aching, i had some difficulties to get sleep. It was quite a warm night, so inside the sleeping bag was a little hot, even though it was a summer bag.
    In the morning, we got up before eight, and prepared some breakfast. Then began the so-called irritating part, packing everything together again. Strange how the stuff spreads around, even you feel that there isn't much of it, in the end, there is!
    We headed back where we came yesterday, but used shortcuts this time. More roads, half were trails. At the Siltainsuo shelter, we had a short break, the car was only 30 mins walk from there.
    The route was moderate, the terrain was pretty flat, but quite rocky trails. We got a good change to test our gear (mostly the backpacks). I got settings done well this time, no problems. However, personally i am not in a good shape for long trips, so need to do more exercises and loose weight.
    A nice trip, good scenery and the weather great, just a bit too hot maybe.

We ended this journey at the Pispalan Pulteri restaurant.

And some photos : http://pixabilly.1g.fi/kuvat/My+vaca...tsij%C3%A4rvi/

Images
    Hi Pixabilly, Thats some beautiful photography. What kind of camera gear are you using?
    Thank you for the trip report.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    KNT12/16
    Insulation
    KAQ RC 4S UQ
    Suspension
    Slings and arrows
    Thanks for sharing the fun trip report and great pictures. Looks like beautiful country!
    Latest inspiration: In the dirt. Ep3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX7ieDrNvnU

Hammock
    Wbxlc, Dutch chameleon
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubators
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi Pixabilly, Thats some beautiful photography. What kind of camera gear are you using?
    Thank you for the trip report.
    Thank you, i am glad you like my photos I have Fujifilm X20 camera. And some photos are taken with Sony Z1 cellphone.

Quote Originally Posted by NordicNorm View Post
    Thanks for sharing the fun trip report and great pictures. Looks like beautiful country!
    Thank you! I love the lake areas here, beautiful moments and views, specially sunset and sunrise!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Beautiful pics , thanks for sharing.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Dutch 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    40* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Images
    Good trip report. Those are some great. Looking pictures

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Thanks for sharing the adventure. Great pictures of your hike. Really enjoy seeing trip reports from outside the US.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    HH Expedition zip
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Thank you for sharing! Your wonderful photos conveyed the beauty go the area and captured the moment in time.

Hammock
    Wbxlc, Dutch chameleon
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubators
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Sporto View Post
    Thank you for sharing! Your wonderful photos conveyed the beauty go the area and captured the moment in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawg777 View Post
    Good trip report. Those are some great. Looking pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Beautiful pics , thanks for sharing.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 2ply View Post
    Thanks for sharing the adventure. Great pictures of your hike. Really enjoy seeing trip reports from outside the US.
    Thank you too, i will keep writing them Soon i have my 4 week summer vacation, i guess i will take a lot of photos...

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Was there a sauna in that hut? I love the self crossing boat, that's brilliant

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast