Colorado Rockies
    Atlas Straps / WB

New Hanger in CO

Hello everyone!

I've been an un-registered troll for some time now, but thought I would finally say hello and add some info to a couple posts.

I am pretty new to the hanging thing, but am a total convert already. I live close enough to the Warbonnet guys that I was able to drive up and test drive all of their hammocks before I bought one... and then I bought another one so I am a proud owner of 3 hammocks now. The WBBB XLC, WBRR, and an ENO double (orange and grey) that I use at the house for just lazing about and take to hotels with me for hanging out while traveling.

I have done one night with the WBBB in the mountains at around 38 degrees with a -30 bag under me (in the double layer) and a +15 bag over me in full clothes. I was a bit cold underneath and can't wait to pickup a good UQ. Until then, I am putting the pad in there and zipping up the top bag. I got the WBRR for the girlfriend, and for myself if I want to take it instead as it's a bit easier until I get a good UQ for the WBBB.

I discovered hanging earlier this year when a friend brought a hammock (similar to an ENO double) up to a big camping trip and slept in it. It was like getting struck by lightning. Gold lightning. I thought "holy sh*t, what a great idea!!! Who would've thought!" Then I discovered the forums, then I tried it, and I am hooked. To everything. Right now in my hotel room I have my hammock hooked over a pin in a door hinge and then over the couch (it's stood on end) and through the slider on the other side. I will be sleeping quite comfortably tonight.

I want to post some pictures on hammock camping in a hotel room, but unfortunately the internet here at the hotel is terrible so I will have to do it later. I have determined that if one is determined enough, a hammock can be hung nearly anywhere urban with just the resources around you.

Anyway, thank you all in advance for the welcome that I am sure is to come and I hope to catch up with some of you in there future and hang out!

El Paso, Tx
    DIY Gathered End
    DIY cat SylNylon
    Jarbidge UQ
    Welcome from West Texas... As you know, a bunch of us Texans seem to make our way up to your neck of the woods... Beautiful country up there... I spend quite a bit of time in Leadville....let me know of there are any group hangs... I'd love to go...
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

- Augusten Burroughs