Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Ya I can't commit quite yet, I mentioned to stairguy that we should fat bike up around there. I really enjoyed the area we were at last year. Even if we move down trail a ways towards more down trees it would shake things up a bit.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    SMR TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch straps
    If this gets set for the weekend of Jan. 9-11, I may be able to fly out for the occasion. I'm already doing a 3 day backpack to a White Mtn. (NH) hut on MLK weekend.
    Grey Eagle
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” John Muir

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm thinking about trying to get up there next year. It's an awfully long drive from Cincinnati, but I think it would be worth it if I can get enough time off. I just need to explore my car-pool options.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    DIY Climbing Spec Hammock
    Tarp
    TREEfool Rainfly
    Insulation
    DIY RSBTR Kit
    Suspension
    Climb Spec Webbing
    I walked outside today in my usual summer attire which consists of barefeet, no shirt, and a pair of GoLite shorts. I had goosebumps from the chilly air. This made me very happy because I knew that mosquito season is now over and I began thinking about all of the winter activities that I will be enjoying this season. One of those activities will hopefully be my first Frozen Butt Hang so I decided to see if the planning had begun yet. IT HAS! Woot! This year I vote that we have the event on a day where I don't work!
    v
    v

TREEfool.com < < hammock dangerously
    ^
    ^

Hammock
    HikingDad Ninja
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    DIY P. TACO
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Those were a life saver last year! Thank you again! I also got myself a self inflating pad this spring and I've been using it all summer. I don't how well it will hold up in freezing temps, but I will also be bringing a few foam pads as backup. Thanks again for "saving my butt" last year!!

Hammock
    HikingDad Ninja
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    DIY P. TACO
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    By the way, for anyone who doesn't know if their gear is "up-to-snuff" or is worried about their insulation, there is a "nasty weather hang" set for dec 12th. It's a great opportunity to test some gear and check out other's set ups, etc. It's geared towards people that are new to winter hammocking. I think it's pretty close to the parking spot, so if needed, you can head out early. Hillbilly and I will be bringing a few extra sleeping bags and insulation to use and for ideas. TheLumberJack is who is setting it up, so any questions, ask him.

Super excited for this year's FBH. If we can get a date set, I think we would be able to get the head count easier. After that, the location will fall into place. Last year we were lacking in the available parking department. I think it came down to exactly enough parking after a few people left. So that will definitely be a high priority when choosing a location. Also, a quick 2 mile jaunt to a gas station wasn't too bad of an idea. I know a few of us were happy to see a carbonated beverage.

I am open all January but will need to put in for time off. Let's start talking dates!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I might suggest a new thread with a poll for dates and officially planning. Looking forward to attending this year as I've missed the last few by attending the Wisconsin frozen cheese hang.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123