Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Brazilian Organic Merlot Family
    Okay, a reader over at The Ultimate Hang made a multi-section pipe stand (he provides pictures of the finished product), but then ended up going with single length poles on the ends. I asked why he made the adjustment, so hopefully he'll reply if he comes back to the site.

http://theultimatehang.com/2012/07/p...#comment-12018

Kent on March 22, 2014, 0854 hrs (scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page).

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by @Diagonal View Post
    @Nodust...What's the longest hammock you've hung on your stand and what type of hammock was it; e.g. Mayan, Brazilian...? I have a 14-foot Brazilian hammock that bottoms out on my Vario stand. The arms on the stand are fully extended (57-inches in height), and the length from arm tip to arm tip is 13 feet. I can extend the base maybe another 4 - 6 inches, but I don't think that's going to get the Brazilian hammock off the ground. I was wondering if the pipe stand might work, but maybe make it 13 feet long and 6.5 feet high. Otherwise, I either need to hang from the walls or maybe purchase double size Brazilian hammocks and try to sell the two larger Brazilian hammocks I currently have.
    My stand is 13' long and about 7' tall. I have hung my WBBB 10'er on it. I had a picture but it's not in my phone anymore. It is a stand I bought and modified to be able to hang a tarp on.

I'll try to get a pic or find the other one.

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    I would recommend going with something longer than 10'. You can go with multiple shorter lengths to get the required dimensions. The cheapest way to do it is buy 10' lengths and have it cut and threaded. Lowes does the first two cuts for fee and then they're $0.50 each. When I did mine it came out to about $100 for everything and I can have the span be 8', 10' or 12'. I guess I could go longer if I got another coupling. One more thing to think about, for your weight I might think about going up a size from 1'. Mine is a little wiggly with my 230 in it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12