Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    I'm still a "go" for this. I'm thinking about doing this run a bit differently than I have in the past though. Normally, we'd just setup at the trailhead so it was easy for all of us to find one another. Usually not so bad, since we're normally winter camping and there isn't miuch competition for good sites, nor a lot of noise from other folks then. But since this is the summer, the trailhead is probably going to be pretty swamped.

I think that I'm going to take the 15th off work as PTO, and actually get out onsight sometime during the day. There's a spot I like to setup on about 3/4ths of a mile in, right near the shore. There'll be plenty of room in that area for a couple of hammocks, and you can't miss seeing us from the trail as it goes past.

The downside would be that we'd have to carry water in or filter from the lake (either option works for me...it'll be up to everyone else to figure out what their preference is).

I'll post more info as we get closer and I figure out where I wanna setup at out there.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    So far, it looks like the list of attendees is:

Owl
    Radiohead
    Imbrandon
    Jaker
    Ramenshaman plus 1

Might setup at the trailhead Friday night, so that we can all meet up. We'll see if we relocate on Saturday, or what. I'm going to try to be out there sometime Friday afternoon ahead of the weather that may come in.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    I will need to pick up Trailboss from her Mom's after work on Friday. I am shooting for being there around 8 with her. If plans on my end change will post and let you know. Will be good to see everyone. I haven't had a chance to hang since early spring so looking forward to this!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I'll start prepping my gear tomorrow and get last minute items. I don't have anything going on Friday, so I plan on getting out there as soon as you do. Since I'm not familiar with the area though I'll be on the lookout for you guys!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaker View Post
    I'll start prepping my gear tomorrow and get last minute items. I don't have anything going on Friday, so I plan on getting out there as soon as you do. Since I'm not familiar with the area though I'll be on the lookout for you guys!
    We'll be easy to spot...we'll be the ones in hammocks!!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Sounds good! I'll check on here around noon tomorrow to see if any last minute comments have been made. That way I'm not the only person out there looking for this place near the shore lol. I'll probably leave early afternoon.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    That's my plan as well...late morning or early evening. As a heads up, I drive the white Ford Taurus. If you hit site and see the vehicle, but don't see a hammock or me...I've probably headed back to the lake to try my luck fishing. I don't like to leave my gear unattended at the trailhead, so won't setup until I've opted to stay there. I'll send you a PM with my cell phone #, give me a call when you hit site.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    I spoke to Trailboss late last night. Turns out she got bit by a brown recluse on her leg ! As a result we are going to have to cancel. We are going to miss going on this one. With the temps and potential wet conditions it would not be conducive to fight the infection she is dealing with. Hope y'all have fun and hope to see some pics!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Man...so sorry to hear that, Radiohead! Tell Trailboss that we're really sorry to hear about this, and we're all praying for her and wishing her a speedy recovery. Weasel asks that you give me a call when you get the chance...he's got some questions about how they're treating it (he's been like this ever since he came back! LOL!).

I'm getting some coffee, knocking out some last minute shopping and 'honey do' items, and will head out there here in just a few hours.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Just back, freshly showered and eating brunch with the wife. Had an excellent time out there. Met up with Jaker and Ramenshaman and Mamaramen on Friday night. Radiohead and Trailboss made it out late afternoon on Sat. Full trip report pending.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast