Hammock
    Dangerbird 68" Dig. Camo.
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Help with Hammock Suspension Setup in New Construction

I was wanting to get some opinions/suggestions/ideas on suspending hammocks in an entertainment room that we are adding to our home. I have attached some files for reference. I plan to use E-Track for hanging the hammocks that are in the corners of a entertainment room. I want to have places for myself and kids to hang hammocks. I thought that the E-Track would be a good solution to hanging hammocks over the top of one another. This will enable me to hang 2 or maybe even 3 hammocks in each corner. The E-track comes various lengths. I thought that the kids might like to hang in a Mammock from Ticket To The Moon. The room size will be the ideal width and height for a Mammock. The ceiling is 9 feet high. The Mammock needs to hang from 100 inches approximately. The width of the room is 27 feet wide. Which should be ideal. I plan to hang the Mammock from the overhead 24" trusses. I would like some suggestions mostly on the wall studs. I want to ensure that the E-Track is attached onto a re-enforced stud. I was thinking that I could maybe use a 4x4 and re-enforce it to the left, right, above and below of the 4x4. The floor is a concrete slab and the walls are 8" concrete. I would prefer not to penetrate the concrete walls though. Any help would be appreciated.

ETRACK.jpgHAMMOCK CONFIGURATION.pdf

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by ralexander9646 View Post
    ...kids.........hammocks over the top of one another....The floor is a concrete slab....
    Not too many things raise alarm bells for me like this combination of words.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Not too many things raise alarm bells for me like this combination of words.
    Don't know the commercial name of it, but perhaps the rubber pellet padding used for outdoor play areas would be in order.

The 2 X 4 framing can be reinforced with metal brackets. There are lots of different brackets available. It will take time, but using screws to attach reinforcing brackets will make the wall much more solid.

Hammock
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I plan to put a memory foam pad underneath the hammocks. Before the construction begins, I need to "design" the locations in which I will put the E-Track strips seen in the attached image. I am thinking that the E-strips will help distribute the weight as well as provide me with numerous places in which to hang hammocks. Does anyone have an opinion about whether using a 4x4 in place of a 2x4 and reinforcing it will be sufficient or not?
    Last edited by ralexander9646; 07-14-2014 at 05:22.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I know 6000# load capacity sounds ample but if you are using multiple hammocks stacked you can over reach that load quickly if you don't keep an eye on the hang angles. Just be careful.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Has anyone on this forum ever used E-Track for hanging a hammock indoors? I would really like to talk to anyone that has.

• + New Posts