Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images

FREE GIVE AWAY in celebration of my 100th post and one year anniversary

Well, I believe this will be my 100th post and next month will be my one year anniversary of joining this fantastic forum. I wanted to celebrate by giving back something. I have gotten so much enjoyment and knowledge from this forum I thought what better way to celebrate than giving away some things that I have made. When I joined I was a complete newbie. I didn’t know a bobbin from a bobber, Amsteel from steel wool, a stuff sack from a grocery sack. But I read and read…and read and read…and well you get the picture. I started trying things, asking questions and reading. It became the addiction that everybody talks about and I love it! I do not have any real restrictions on who can win but I do have a few requests.

1. Write a sentence or two about what you like about hammock camping, DIYing, or Hammock Forums.
    2. Post a picture of the gear being used once you get it.
    3. Sometime in the future, pass on something to someone else that you have made yourself.
    Obviously, there is no way to enforce #2 and #3 but hopefully you will.

So without further ado, this is what I am giving away.
    1. An approximately 9 foot woodland camo rip stop nylon hammock ( 1.9 oz I think, material came from Hancock Fabric)
    2. 2 Amsteel continuous loops at hammock ends
    3. 2 woodland camo rip stop nylon stuff sacks with cord locks.
    4. 2 approximately 9 foot whoopie slings.

ga2.jpg
    ga3.jpg
    ga4.jpg
    ga5.jpg
    ga7.jpg
    ga8.jpg

I will randomly draw a number out of the number of people that reply on the date of my one year anniversary. (August 14 ).
    I will PM the winner and post the picture of the winning number as well.
    Thanks again to everyone that has made this forum possible and Hammock On!!

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 20*
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    How awesome of you! And this is the reason I love this forum and the people I have met so far. Everyone is very generous and have a 'hang loose' attitude. I sleep on a hammock full time, and its one of the best decisions I've made in life. The comfort is unparalleled!!
    I'd rather be hanging.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River Long
    Suspension
    Standard Buckle
    I am new to joining this forum. I have been floating around the forums for a month or so. This being my first post. Me and 2 of my relatives go camping every year for 2 weeks to a month. And we do short 2 day or 3 day camping trips all during the year. We have been slowly transitioning from tents to hammocks. I like these forums because people seem really great and willing to help, as well as giving a tone of information. I havnt done a DIY hammock yet but im sure I will in the future. I lean more towards a stealthy/survival/military oriented camping, meaning I use generally military grade gear that generally weighs more but lasts longer. (i use mainly tactical tailor gear, swedish mess kit, etc.) And what makes hammocking a great thing to add to my experience is the fact that it is just as hidden as tents and sometimes even more so, way more comfortable, and leaves way less of a trace of where I was. To me this beats tents anyday of the week.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear -Modded
    Insulation
    Onewind Top/Underq
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    Another great giveaway! I'm in. I have a natural tendency towards making my own stuff, and this forum has added a ton of fuel to that fire. It also doesn't hurt that hammocks have provided the best, most comfortable sleep I've ever had in the piney woods.
    - We're never going to survive this!!
    - Nonsense. You only say that because no one ever has.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    DD 10'x10'
    Insulation
    SI mat, 3/4 UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch buckl
    Latriper you rock! This is exactly what this community is all about and you are just adding to the community spirit. As for me I'm well catered for with gear so don't put me in the draw, but I do intend to give away some items to friends who are showing an interest in hammocking. This hobby is a sheer delight to be involved with. It's so simple yet so detailed and has it's own subtle addictive quality about it that it's just great to be involved in. I have been helped by so many members here with so many great ideas and instructions it's impossible to calculate the worth of being a member here.

Just an example. I was on a camping trip with some guys from our church mens' group last weekend, and I spent some time with a guy who has been camping all his life, as a scout then in the military. He's well into his 60's. We were talking about knots used in camping. I started talking about how much I love the prussik knot and that it's so versatile. He just looked blankly at me as he had never heard of a prussik knot. So I went to my hammock and showed him. He was absolutely blown away by how simple but effective this knot is. I told him that I had learnt it by being involved in the hammock forum. Then I went on to the woopie sling....

Needless to say this is a place with some unique areas of knowledge to pass on!

Hang on everyone!

Hammock
    ENO DN+Walmart Equip
    Tarp
    DryFly Yukon Noah
    Insulation
    SB pad Jarbridg
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas, Woopie
    Images
    Sounds like fun, I'm in.
    Well, I started all this because I bought Amazonia used hammock , from don't know what it is and start to research, then 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Now I almost sleep on Hammock exclusively, that's how addictive this thing is. Besides, it's cool to be pioneer in my unit to try new gear. In HF all kind of useful information allow me to fast progressing.

Hammock
    DIY hammy
    Tarp
    prezidential suite
    Insulation
    diy underquilt
    Suspension
    straps n buckles
    Wow. Story time. I'm in. my living room apt screwed eyebolts into ceiling joist wit my hands. Hung my DL tablecloth. Put couch underneath (how thin is Amsteel). It held 350 bouncing pounds. made me a believer. Lady friend playn her ulkele n singing. So good

Hammock
    GT Double
    Tarp
    DIY Painters 4mil
    Suspension
    Straps Whoopie MSH
    For me - hammocing started with my sons introducing me. Since then the whole family has started. No more tent use for us. Now I'm trying my hand at DIY - made a chair and a couple of stuff sacks - but I see the potential to go entirely DIY. My next project is a better bug net and a tarp which I plan to do with my hand-me-down thread injector (which I hope to turbo charge soon)!

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Recently new to hanging. I believe feb or so. But didn't actually try sleeping in one till shortly after when I made my own DIY. Caught the DIY bug. Bugnets, hammocks and now tarps. Crazy cool how comfy they are!

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    Great to see the giveaways continuing. I ran one in the spring.

The best thing about hammock camping is that now when I have to drive a car-load of sleeping scouts home from a campout I can stay awake since I got a good nights sleep.

If I win it will be donated to my troop for scout use.

Thanks,
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast