Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by apsilon View Post
    They're all about the social media hype
    If this is the case, the OP, post your issue to their Facebook page! I've gotten much better support in past on customer service issues if the issue get's called out on FB first.. companies seem to then go out of the way to fix it since "everyone on FB" saw your issue..

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorkeen View Post
    Well after bouncing around for about a week I was finally informed that Kammok could not or would not, depending on which person I spoke with, do anything about this. After speaking with PayPal for several days I was refunded the $75.00. As I assumed, nothing to be done about the extra charges. Hard lesson learned I suppose.
    Given that you've been refunded the money ($75 for the tarp) for the order via paypal, and you have a chain of proof via email to show that you acted in good faith and that they went ahead and debited your account after you cancelled, have you tried contacting your bank?

I would think that if you explain the situation, and provide proof that they (Kammock) charged your account after they said that they wouldn't, with further proof being that paypal refunded the charge, they might be willing to work with you on the overdraft, or even waive them altogether.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    Given that you've been refunded the money ($75 for the tarp) for the order via paypal, and you have a chain of proof via email to show that you acted in good faith and that they went ahead and debited your account after you cancelled, have you tried contacting your bank?

I would think that if you explain the situation, and provide proof that they (Kammock) charged your account after they said that they wouldn't, with further proof being that paypal refunded the charge, they might be willing to work with you on the overdraft, or even waive them altogether.
    I tried this method initially, however I have also learned that my bank is terrible. Even to the point that they had a lawsuit filed against them a few years ago for immoral overage charges. Apparently they have the habit of delaying charges so they can deduct larger charges that will drop you into negative, then run the delayed charges. I will be changing banks as well. It has been a very enlightening screw over to say the least.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Woopie
    Since negative threads often carry more than positive ones I wanted to add that I actually had a pleasant experience with Kammok. My Roo came and had a small (guarter sized) blemish on the edge of the fabric. I emailed them about it and they contacted me and shipped a replacement the next day.

Hammock
    WBBB, Eno Double Nest
    Tarp
    Eno Pro Fly
    Insulation
    Pad and top quilt
    Suspension
    Woopie, Slap Strap
    Too bad about kammok. A buddy of mine really liked they're python straps. Warbonnet was mentioned and those guys are very solid in terms of customer service and loyalty.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    DIY UCR and straps
    Yeah I just recevied a WBBB and Edge myself. Totally different customer service experience. Brandon was responsive and helpful right from the start with my questions before and after purchasing.

I'll be keeping the Kammok Roo for around the house, Dragonfly and Glider I'm not sure what I'll do with. As I've said, nothing really wrong with Kammoks products ignoring price and weight, just let down by customer service and communication.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12