Hammock
    Hennessy Epd deluxe
    Tarp
    Equinox 10 x 12

JRB HH NEST UQ questions

Hey just purchased an HH eped deluxe to replace my grand trunk. Next big purchase is a UQ and TQ. Has anyone used these and maybe has detailed pics of the bottom entry of the nest UQ. That's alot of money to throw down on something I can't but hands on. Thanks guys and gals.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Toxaway 2QZQ doors
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    DH cinch buckles
    I used a JRB Nest on my HH Safari many times and it worked just fine. I have since changed to a Dream Hammock Thunderbird which I also use the same Nest on and with the hook and loop closure sealed. It keeps me comfortable down to the mid 20's. The Nest also works well for me as a TQ with the split sealed up and the draw cord on the foot end pulled up tight. Its quality gear and the customer support is outstanding. Sorry I don't have any pics more detailed than what's on their website.

Hammock
    Hennessy Epd deluxe
    Tarp
    Equinox 10 x 12
    Quote Originally Posted by potneck View Post
    I used a JRB Nest on my HH Safari many times and it worked just fine. I have since changed to a Dream Hammock Thunderbird which I also use the same Nest on and with the hook and loop closure sealed. It keeps me comfortable down to the mid 20's. The Nest also works well for me as a TQ with the split sealed up and the draw cord on the foot end pulled up tight. Its quality gear and the customer support is outstanding. Sorry I don't have any pics more detailed than what's on their website.
    Awesome thanks For the imput.

Hammock
    Hennessey Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Nest/RagMtn
    I have the Nest UQ and Old Rag Mtn TQ with my HH Explorer Deluxe. Only used it once so far but it worked great. It was too hot for the TQ so I just wadded it up by my feet but the UQ was perfect. Much better than the mummy bag and Thermarest inflatable I used previously. As a bonus, both quilts compressed and fit into my pack where the sleeping bag used to go and I don't need to attach the pad on the outside. Sweet!

Can't believe I'm saying this since I'm a tropical boy but I'm kinda looking forward to cooler weather just so I can snuggle into the quilts.

Hammock
    HH Exp Dlx
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs12
    Insulation
    JrB Nest
    Suspension
    huggers n muletape
    I have the JRB Nest used with a HH Exped dlx. and I love it. Very compact, very easy to use. The first time I put it on the hammock was in the middle of the night. I didn't think I was going to get cold, so I didn't put it on. Felt a little chill and instead of toughing it out, I decided to try out the new nest. Took me about 5 mins to put it on for the first time in the dark, and tired. Got back inside and slept like a pup the rest of the night. Now I just put it on before I bunk down for the night and keep it loose if it is warm. Takes just a few seconds to cinch the cords if it gets too cool.