WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Bike Tour: Start Montana and end in California

So I'm going to be starting my bike tour in about 2 months. I will be taking a train from Minneapolis, MN to either Selby, MT or Whitefish I haven't decided. (If you think one is better to start from let me know.)

I plan on heading south, probably check out Glacier and then down to Helena to see a cousin. Then off to Yellowstone. From there I will be heading North West to Washington and then down the coast to the Sequoia's. From there to Yosemite, then down the coast zig zaging to see friends and family and end up in San Diego and back north to Joshua Tree and Zion and Grand Canyon.

So if anyone has any suggestions along this loose route let me know. I will be flying by the seat of my pants on which route to take but these are some general places that are a must see.

Thanks,
    Vince

Hammock
    Integrity, DIY
    Tarp
    Poncho/DIY-winter
    Insulation
    Pad/Over Bag/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Tree Strap
    Hi Vince,
    Don't mean to be stalking you, but I saw this pop up and thought I'd give what advice I can. If you love endless miles of nothing but high head winds until you hit the Rez (Browning) on a pretty darn narrow two way road then Shelby is your pick. The Front range of the Rockies (Eastern side) seems like it rises up to meet you, but compared to the Western side it's almost like you're on the naked prarrie. I'd definetely pick Whitefish or better yet West Glacier to start your trip. Spend the day in the park and stay at Lake MacDonald that night. I'd head down to Big Fork, take a peek at Flathead Lake and then down through the Swan River Valley over the Divide and downhill all the way to Helena. There are trees and lakes and small towns along the way. The road is about the same width, two lane. You'll have the Mission Mountains on one side and the Swan Range on the other. I called the area the mini-alps.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks Roadmarker, that sounds awesome. I will check that out. I had no idea Shelby would be like that so it's good to here from locals whats going on.

• + New Posts