DoubleBubble Pad Substitute?

First time poster, been lurking awhile.

I recently purchased a Deep Jungle XL, and decided to try my first night with it Friday, a nice rainy night in NW GA, (A big thank you to all who suggested going with the Hex Rainfly!!!), and while I love the hammock and wish I would have gotten one sooner, the Double Bubble Pad that came with it, not so much. It feels to me like it was just a cheap afterthought to a wonderful hammock

I know that while I was doing research into this hammock that I saw/read where people have changed out their HH pad for something else, but while searching for it the last day and a half, all I can find now is one guy on Utube who cut a foam pad for his.

Does anyone know of a Thermarest type pad that would work in place of the Double Bubble Pad? Or maybe a thin Underquilt?

Thanks in advance

thermarest work well in my experience. i have and use a Thermarest Ridgerest and a thermarest trail pro. both can be used individually or in a stack.

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    For my DJ XL I am using the bubble pad along with a older sleeping bag laid on top of the pad. The pad alone for me is good to about 60f and with the added sleeping bag can push 32f with a 15f down sleeping bag as a TQ. Condensation on the pad is a big problem and the pad does ruin the comfy feeling of the Hammock...(sleeping bag helps restore that back)
    I am at some point going to invest in a 850 fill down UQ rated to 20f, at least. That should cover for me everything from 65f-27f and provide great packability.
    So I would say splurge on a UQ rated temp wise for your needs and when it is hot out leave it off or loose.
    I do Love all the choices we have

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I have the bubble pad by Hennessy, I personally do not like it. Somehow, it is not right for any of my Hennessy Hammocks. I tried several times before I gave up. I do use my Thermarest pad, it works just great, again, for me.

The tricky part of the Hammock Addiction is there is always more gear coming along, improvements or perceived improvements. I think most of us are people that like to explore and test our environment, so we keep buying new gear to test it and see if we like it better, if we get a better Hang, or just have bragging rights.

Every once in a while you will hear frequent posters, calling for a 12 Step Group to help us with our addiction to buy hammock gear. Most of us have way more gear than we will ever use. Many of us just cannot part with our gear, we are not using it, however we are not willing to part with it. I happen to have four sewing machines, why because each one does something the others do not do. I have different hammocks for different situations.

New members take heed, you will be in the same situation soon enough. LOL

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    I have the bubble pad by Hennessy, I personally do not like it. Somehow, it is not right for any of my Hennessy Hammocks. I tried several times before I gave up. I do use my Thermarest pad, it works just great, again, for me.

The tricky part of the Hammock Addiction is there is always more gear coming along, improvements or perceived improvements. I think most of us are people that like to explore and test our environment, so we keep buying new gear to test it and see if we like it better, if we get a better Hang, or just have bragging rights.

Every once in a while you will hear frequent posters, calling for a 12 Step Group to help us with our addiction to buy hammock gear. Most of us have way more gear than we will ever use. Many of us just cannot part with our gear, we are not using it, however we are not willing to part with it. I happen to have four sewing machines, why because each one does something the others do not do. I have different hammocks for different situations.

New members take heed, you will be in the same situation soon enough. LOL
    That be the truth of the matter

Just been revamping my whole camp, hammock, tent setups and still wanting to go further as the experiment continues onward.
    Meantime it is a hell of a lot oh fun testing it all out.
    Is a bad Addiction in such a good way
    Best part is whether your budget is big or small there is seemingly a solution that will work...just have to be willing to jump and give it a go

• + New Posts