Tarp
    DIY 11'x10' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies + TS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I'm not sure where you are "hearing" this.

While I indicated a general agreement that FS threads with a "huge" lot of items can be messy, I certainly didn't indicate we had a preference for one item per thread.

I personally suggest some happy medium between one and huge and no, I'm not going to further define that.
    By hearing I meant my interpretation of your reply before. Which was based on the response in post #5, and the huge thread comment. Maybe not 1 per post, but you get the idea. Basically, what I see as manageable for me within the current structure, I see as having the potential to create a problem for you. So where is the balance?

It's quite simple to manage a for sale thread if you can edit the first post. I've done it effectively many times. This isn't the first, and I'm sure wont be the last time this has come up.

Would compromise be changing the limit for editing to a longer period? If i'm understanding the concern correctly, it's because someone became disgruntled, and started editing old posts to remove their comments or post profanity. In that case, could the limit be set longer than 3 days? Maybe a week or 2?
    Last edited by Boston; 04-03-2015 at 11:00.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    By hearing I meant my interpretation of your reply before. Which was based on the response in post #5, and the huge thread comment. Maybe not 1 per post, but you get the idea. Basically, what I see as manageable for me within the current structure, I see as having the potential to create a problem for you. So where is the balance?

It's quite simple to manage a for sale thread if you can edit the first post. I've done it effectively many times. This isn't the first, and I'm sure wont be the last time this has come up.

Would compromise be changing the limit for editing to a longer period? If i'm understanding the concern correctly, it's because someone became disgruntled, and started editing old posts to remove their comments or post profanity. In that case, could the limit be set longer than 3 days? Maybe a week or 2?
    I'm sorry that you don't agree with the current set up, but we feel it works and it will remain. The Marketplace rules have been tweaked over time to what works best all around. That doesn't always make everyone happy, but we can't please everyone.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123