Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL.
    Insulation
    Z-Liner UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps

Eagerly awaiting new hammocks, under and top quilts!

My wife and I have just spent our wedding present on new gear. After lurking and studying and asking a few questions on this awesome board, we bit the bullet on our new toys.
    Two NX-250's, two Clark Z liner under quilts and two 20 degree FlighJacket top quilts from UGQ!
    We are very stoked!
    After agonizing over Clark and our local cottage vendors, we went with Clark NX-250's because of how the poles keep the weather shield and bug net out of your face. Warbonnet, Dream Hammock and Jacks R Better all nearly made the final cut but in the end, the Clark won the day. I've seen many who prefer the other hammock manufacturer's on these boards. As with all major purchases, YMMV. I'm hoping we are making the best decision.
    Living in AZ, rain is not much of a factor. However, we plan on using this gear extensively in WA state and moisture is a huge concern. That is the major reason for the Clark Z liner underquilt purchase. It is a synthetic quilt that will hopefully still work if it gets wet from rain splash. The Vertex model tarp is also what we got for covering our purchases. The larger area will keep more moisture out, if deployed properly.
    Had to go with the UGQ 20 degree top quilts. Hers is a nice charcoal and burnt orange 78" model, she's 5'11", and mine is a mocha and burnt orange 84"er, I'm 6'4". Could not find any reason not to go with UGQ. I talked to Paul and he steered me in the right direction to accommodate our requirements.
    Our current gear is great and we slept better camping in a hammock than anything ever before. The new stuff is going to thrill us to no end! We never have experienced the quality we are about to and man am I excited to hang this weekend. We won't need the top quilts this weekend though so no worries on their one to two week delivery estimate. I'll be patient. Sort of. The Clark's should be here Friday. Woohoo!
    So there it is. Some may feel I've made some mistakes. Maybe. It wouldn't be the first time that's for sure. We have Amsteel and Lash-it on the way for suspension and tarp lines. With any luck, Saturday will see us up in the Ponderosa's north of Flagstaff. Wish us luck!

Hammock
    SLD TR, BIAS HL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ, AHE
    Suspension
    DW Whoopies/Straps
    Good for you two!!! Very happy for you. Congrats and enjoy!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketguy47 View Post
    So there it is. Some may feel I've made some mistakes. Maybe. It wouldn't be the first time that's for sure.
    No mistakes there. Clark and UGQ both build fine pieces of gear.
    Hang'em and enjoy.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL.
    Insulation
    Z-Liner UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    Thank you guys. This is a long time coming and our major purchase of the decade.
    Papa Smurf, you have beautiful stuff and I hope to own some soon! Thank you for the reply.

• + New Posts