Plans for fall St. Louis area hang?

Who should a newbie like myself keep an eye out for posting plans for a fall hike/hang. Hope to make it out to one or more!

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Welcome!
    Disco is our resident planner for the Eastern Missouri side hangs. you can look up the previous hangs or on my blog. I haven't heard anything lately but I am sure we will have a few that get posted. If you need anything before then, don't hesitate to contact me.
    Craig
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    My wife and I hike every weekend and are going to try and hang once or twice a month this fall and winter. If you enjoy the hike and like to take it slow and lots of pictures then you are welcome to join us. I am never in a hurry on the trail. We are fairly new at hanging (only 4 hangs) but not to backpacking. There are not too many places we haven't hiked in SE MO so we know the trails well.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    There is a civil war reenactment of the Battle Of Pilot Knob. I have been playing with the idea of planning a hang to attend with my daughter and anyone else who would like to show up. I know that there are several state parks in the area from speaking to skygazer. only thing is this is the 150th anniversary of the battle and I expect a large turnout. As I live in the KC area I have not been able to scout any sites that have good hang trees around the area. If this is going to happen is there anyone that would be interested in checking out the state parks to find good sites? if we want to do this we will need to reserve for that weekend soon. I do think though this would be a fun weekend. Anyone else game?

http://www.battleofpilotknob.org/reenactment.html

Not sure if I can make that or not, but maybe check this out... hanging below the Mina Sauk Falls sounds amazing.....

http://alltrails.com/trail/us/missouri/taum-sauk-trail

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    First, Mina Sauk Falls is amazing but you need to time your visit after there's been a period of rain. If it's been dry for a long time, the falls will be a trickle but if there's been some strong rains the preceeding weeks, it can be amazing. Spring is one of the best times to visit.

As for group hangs, don't hesitiate to post a date and location and just ask if anyone would like to go. Disco schedules a lot for our informal group here in East Missouri but normally not in the hot summer months. I'm sure you'll see posts for group hangs in this area as we get into mid to late August. Even if it's only one or two others, you'll enjoy it. I really enjoy solo hiking but when I do go with some of the guys and gals from the forum it's always great!!

Safe Hanging
    Gideon

• + New Posts