Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    My JOB Raincover/gear hammock should be the large size but I don't see anyway to use it as a rain jacket.

Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    JRB not JOB.

Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    I really want to like a Poncho over a rain jacket/parka. But I settled on the Package because of the sleeves. I found that hiking with a Poncho and a walking stick the rain would run down my arm because a Poncho is basically sleeveless.
    Cedar Tree (The Packa) and I exchanged more than a few emails while I pondered Packa vs Poncho. It was the sleeves and the pit zips that convinced me. So far I've unwrapped it, walked it around the house ("You look like a Hunchback!" Wife) and noted that the back flap is a 3" extention and I will probably want a bill cap to keep the hood open. I figured on that. Have yet to put on pack _then_ Packa. That'll be interesting. I measured the Nimbus Trace with lid on to be 36" high with a 5 day load out. Ed says it'll fit. We are away from home this weekend so I won't have change to put it all together till Tuesday. More than.

Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    ÷=%€ spelling nanny strikes again.

Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    I finally had a chance to "proof test" the fit of the Packa. Cedar tree was right. My LargeX Packa will cover the tall Nimbus Trace with its Lid attached. And there's enough slack left that I'm betting I can fit at least 3 and maybe as much as 5 days food into the pack and still have coverage.
    Impressive.
    I will still want a bill cap on under the hood to keep it up and out of my face. I suppose a visor would be sufficient but I'm hoping a cap will also keep the hood from brushing against my ears. That sil-nylon rub sound can get annoying.

I found that the the zipper pulls were a bit sticky at the zipper ends but a spritz of silicone grease on each end seems to have fixed that. Speaking of the zipper pulls I wonder if the zipper wasn't put in upside down. The lower zipper pull is noticeably larger than the upper end one. But I put a split ring on the top zip and I think that will solve any problem I have with that.

I use a sil-nylon poncho. It's large enough to cover me and my pack when hiking. In camp, it can be used as a gear hammock with just a bit of zing it. I also frequently use it as doors on one side of my hammock tarp. I wouldn't trade it for any other rain setup.

packa

Quote Originally Posted by CeeVee View Post
    Cedar tree was right.
    I am glad it fit for you.
    CT

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I am a big fan of rain gear that covers the back pack (just seems easier for me) I own a packa, and I made a parcho last winter. They both work great! (and both have unique advantages and disadvantages)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    This morning I loaded up the Ursack with food for a 3 day. 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 3 lunch/snacks. Was 1500 grams and maybe I'm a little light on the lunches. Put that in the Nimbus Trace and tried it again. That fit and I still had room to spare.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123