Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    HH Rainfly
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Hammock newbie in Hawaii, Which Jungle Hammock do I buy?

Hello, I'm new to the forums and have been reading a few things which have really helped me in my search for hang knowledge. Now I'm ready to purchase a hammock but I'm quite unsure which hammock to buy. My research has led me to a few hammocks.

DD Hammock
    Claytor/Mosquito Hammock
    Warbonnet

I'm not a large man so space isn't really an issue, but I'm not a rich man either and would like this hammock to endure me who is a person who can be a bit rough and tumble. Something with a comfortable hang and excellent wet weather conditions. All seem to be of excellent quality, since I don't have the money to explore which hammock is right I would love advice from the folks here on the forum.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Hawai'i no ka oi,

Stationed at KBay from '77-'81. Loved it.

The Warbonnet will cost more but it is a very comfortable hammock and will last a long time. I would also consider a hammock from Papa Smurf. You will also need to get a good tarp for all that liquid sunshine you get over there. A summer rated UQ and TQ should be all you need to stay warm unless you are going snow skiing ( for the people who have never been to Hawaii, the do have snow skiing on the big island )
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    All the hammocks you listed are good hammocks and have their fans. However, nobody will be able to tell you which one is the perfect fit for you. If you can't test any of the models (maybe there are other forum members near you?), have a look at the features and see which one appeals most to you. If you stick with hammock camping, you'll surely end up with more than one hammock anyway - and there's also the possibility to sell a hammock that doesn't work out for you. Of the brands you listed, Warbonnet keeps its value best.

Hammock
    XLC
    Tarp
    MamaJamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Congratulations. I see you are on your way to your new addiction. I agree with the previous member. There are so many different hammocks out there because people have so many preferences. I own 9-10 hammocks that I use either personally or use to teach hammock camping to Scouts. I have to say, some of the name brand hammocks I own, I will never attempt too sleep in because they are too uncomfortable for me. Other people will tell you the ones I don't like are the best hammock on the market. The first thing to figure out is what style of hammock fits you best. Either an Asym like a Warbonnet Black Bird or a bridge hammock like the Warbonnet Ridge Runner or a Jacks R Better Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. If you can't find hammocks to try out, I would consider starting with an inexpensive one like a Grand Turk Skeeter Beater Pro or similar low entry price hammock to see if its for you first. The forum usually has various hammocks for sale after the first or second use, as the owner realized it wasn't for them.
    Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.

Bill Bradley

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    HH Rainfly
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I ended up with a Hennesey Hammock, A friend of mine sent me one for pretty cheap. I will probably be getting the Warbonnet Blackbird when the funds are available. Thank you everyone who has given me advice or voted on the poll, thank you.

• + New Posts