Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Seems like every time I have gone thru Jax I have been stuck in traffic be it I 95 straight thru town or the by passes around Jax so I am prepared to take my time. Thanks
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Regarding Numbers:
    The first thing we did when we started planning FHV was to look at last year and previous years. Judging the trajectory in the attendance, it seemed rational that we would have 120 may be 130 people.
    Including five "maybes," our attendance is now at 230. We expect more to sign up. There will be some no-shows of course. There will also be some folks who show up but didn't register. This is nearly double what we expected - WHICH IS AWESOME!! And it means we're all going to have to be extra considerate and do some self-regulation to ensure everyone has a great experience.

Regarding Feedings:
    Meals will be served by servers in the lodge. It will not be self-service. When we're reasonably sure everyone has had a go, we'll announce seconds. If you need massive quantities of feed, please bring it with you.
    There are enough picnic tables inside to seat about 100. There's space for about 50 to 75 camp chairs so be prepared to bring a chair to feeds. We'll need to sit both inside and out. It's gonna be crowded for the main feeds - please be prepared/patient.

Regarding Patches:
    We're gonna be short.
    Expecting 120 to 130 people we thought it made sense to order 150 patches. This would leave extras to cover the rangers, the park host, etc. We got a price break at 200 so that's what we ordered. (...better to have too many, right?)
    There is no rational and fair way to decide who gets a patch and who goes without. So, we are asking folks to voluntarily give up their patch, in this order: 1st - anyone who doesn't care about the patch or otherwise just doesn't want one; 2nd - those in families (e.g., husband & wife) for whom one patch will suffice; 3rd (we'll take on third based on the in thread responses). Hopefully, the first two approaches will leave leftover patches that we can then offer to anyone who missed out. Thank you for your consideration here!!

Regarding Toilets and Showers:
    Leave no trace.
    'nough said?
    Last edited by Timberrr; 01-11-2015 at 22:17.
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    Gunner, as someone from Jax I'll warn you about the Orange Park/Fleming Island section of LilRicky's route. Traffic is heavy in OP and you'll top out around 45. Please obey the speed limit. Cameras abound and the OP cops like to stop people. FI isn't bad cop-wise but it takes a while to get you out of the slow area. Not a bad route, just don't want you to be surprised..
    Stay on 95 through J-ville.. Take 207 to 15/19 .. 15/19 is a nice route once south of Palatka
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannan View Post
    I am thinking about bringing a kayak for the gearage sale. Tarpon 160i. I would like 450 for it. But, if nobody shows interest in it I won't bring it. Looking to make some money to spend more on the raffle!!
    Any pics? I have a friend that has been looking at these.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    AT&T is weak, but there. Verizon is great I think.
    Thanks, Gumbo. I'm on Verizon but they jacked me and gave me an ATT work phone (when everyone else seems to be Verizon). I can tether off either so it sounds like I'll be ok.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    Regarding Patches:

We're gonna be short.
    Expecting 120 to 130 people we thought it made sense to order 150 patches. This would leave extras to cover the rangers, the park host, etc. We got a price break at 200 so that's what we ordered. (...better to have too many, right?)
    There is no rational and fair way to decide who gets a patch and who goes without. So, we are asking folks to voluntarily give up their patch, in this order: 1st - anyone who doesn't care about the patch or otherwise just doesn't want one; 2nd - those in families (e.g., husband & wife) for whom one patch will suffice; 3rd (we'll take on third based on the in thread responses). Hopefully, the first two approaches will leave leftover patches that we can then offer to anyone who missed out. Thank you for your consideration here!!
    My family of 5 will only require 2 patches if we make it.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Mack Cat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    Thanks, Gumbo. I'm on Verizon but they jacked me and gave me an ATT work phone (when everyone else seems to be Verizon). I can tether off either so it sounds like I'll be ok.
    If not. I am on Verizon with hotspot enabled. I will loan you mine if needed. Just come! Your pictures are awesome!

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannan View Post
    If not. I am on Verizon with hotspot enabled. I will loan you mine if needed. Just come! Your pictures are awesome!
    Thanks x2.

I've got a new camera body this year and some lenses to go with it. It was time to upgrade. Now if only I get my 70-200 back by this weekend. Had to ship it back to get a connector replaced.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    Diy argon Gathered end
    Tarp
    Cheap poly
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    [QUOTE=Timberrr;1388273]
    Regarding Patches:

We're gonna be short.

Me and the wife weell just need one

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images
    Is the hang this upcoming weekend? I guess I better get busy!

• + New Posts
  • Page 94 of 123 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast