WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images

These may be the last ones until the raffle!

Here are a couple more. The sacrificial thwarts are still in place. (sorry about the focus)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH HexFly
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Rings w/Caribiner
    Someone is going to be a very lucky person when this is won

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    Are you planning to lead any hikes? Lilricky and I talked a little about while we were scouting Doe Lake this week. If you are, even if it means taking cars to a trailhead nearby (no need to do Alexander Springs to Buck Lake this year as we have our own showers ) If you wanted to lead something just let me know the day/departure time please so I can add it to the schedule I am working on. If it changes there will be a place to pencil in changes. The schedule is just so folks know when to meet and where.
    Yes indeed, I would be glad to organize some hiking.

There are very convenient trails in Sunnyhill Restoration Area. The Area is located on the west side of St 182 Avenue Rd., due West of Doe Lake.

There are two loops which are connected to each other like daisy chains. One is 4 miles and the other 3.6 miles. Those that want to hike a shorter distance can quit after one loop and the die-hard hikers can continue with the second loop for the 7.6 mile total.

It's a 2.8 mile drive to the parking at the trailhead, or a 1.2 mile road walk to an alternative trailhead with no parking from the Doe Lake chow hall.

The good news is that it's super convenient, the bad news is that horses are allowed. But it's farther from and across a highway from Doe Lake so I'm thinking there would be a lot less horse use.

All trails within the Doe Lake Recreation Area allow horses and do get regular use which tears up the trail for hiking. But, we can hike the 2+/- mile perimeter trail around Doe Lake also.

We could do the perimeter trail on Friday and Sunday and do Sunnyhill on Saturday, starting after breakfast.

All other hiking trails that I could find are a much farther drive away from Doe Lake and most are one-way, which would require more cars for shuttling.

http://www.sjrwmd.com/recreationguide/sunnyhill/

http://www.sjrwmd.com/trailguides/pd...yhilltrail.pdf
    Last edited by MAD777; 01-04-2015 at 09:53.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Diy argon Gathered end
    Tarp
    Cheap poly
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I'd be up for a good hike!!

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    I am pretty sure Lilricky was also thinking about the stretch of the Florida Trail from HWY19 to Buck Lake and Back, about 8 miles round trip I think. We kinda figured that some of you might be nostalgic for Buck Lake, and some of the newer folks might wish to glimpse our humble beginnings.

He also mentioned doing the Yearling Trail. Both would be a drive to hike, but both hikes would be on hiking trails rather than horse trails.

Given that there are 198 people signed up now, there is no rule saying we can only have one hiking group go out per day! Mostly I just want to know what times you guys want to meet up to head out so that I can make sure that anyone who wants to join you can show up.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG down/DIY
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    It's worth mentioning and repeating, please sign up when you arrive. I believe(and Gumbo correct me if I'm wrong), you will be given your patch at this time and receive some important instructions as far as parking and such. We will have a designated parking area, so as to keep everything as organized as possible. You will be allowed to go find your area and unload your gear, but then, please take your vehicle to designated parking. Also, lets please follow Chucks example, and allow families with children, as well as special needs folk, to camp nearest the restrooms. We can't possibly camp 190 folks outside the latrine. There are plenty of areas for people with wives and family members, who sleep in (I'm holding back breakfast right now) tents. Thanks for your cooperation.
    RON

A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at? ~ Ronald Reagan

Visit my Youtube channel- Florida Wild

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    Given that there are 198 people signed up now, there is no rule saying we can only have one hiking group go out per day! Mostly I just want to know what times you guys want to meet up to head out so that I can make sure that anyone who wants to join you can show up.
    Ha! I just had this vision of 198 hikers, single file, stretching across Ocala National Forest! Lol

I normally try to avoid horse trails for hiking. If we can get enough vehicles organized to shuttle to a real hiking trail, that would be more enjoyable. (as long as it doesn't entail herding 198 cats)
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DD frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3mx3m
    Insulation
    PLUQ & PLOQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    I just updated my times I'll be there.

Hammock
    DD frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3mx3m
    Insulation
    PLUQ & PLOQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    I could get some drone footage of the massive ocala hike... How cool would that be?!?

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    The idea is that one or two groups will be hiking, a group will be kayaking/canoe or pirogue (that lucky winner!) bound and some will just want to hang out on the grounds playing board games, card games or doing puzzles in the lodge. And others will just want to sit back and enjoy the company of the friends they have not seen in a year or make new friends.

It's still something for everyone...just now we have gotten so large we need to communicate what's going on when and where better is all.

No one has to do any anything, the structure is just there for planning purposes. I'm very pleased with the way things are falling together and feel pretty confident that you guys are in for the best Annual Florida Hang yet!

See you soon!
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

• + New Posts
  • Page 74 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast