WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    Olddog, I am going to bring my magnalite dutch oven (it's about the size capacity of 3 12inch Lodge DO's) and we can make cheesy bacon grits in it on top of ItsAndy's campstove. Given that folks trickle in for breakfast, maybe we can set it up to make a second batch immediately following the first one. That along with your 10 in dutch oven should do it for the cheezy bacon grits I think. That will free up the DO's for mountain man breakfasts. Does this sound like a good plan to you?
    Gumbo... I also have that large #14 DO that can be used if needed.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    Gumbo... I also have that large #14 DO that can be used if needed.
    I thought you were bringing your DO already? I'm sure we have a use for it!
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Big Man Bridge by V_Allen
    Tarp
    DIY by Boston
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thursday PM till Monday AM

I am pretty new to Florida and hanging. I intend to go to this event but not sure if there will be enough room. I saw the count is close to 200. Do they really have enough places to hang for that many people? Not sure what days I will be there so I guess I will just show up. Saturday sounds like the day where most the vendors will be there. I have recently shifted from tent camping to hammock camping in preparations for an extended hike next year after I retire. Hoping this event will offer a lot of information. Look forward to the event but sounds like it will be overloaded? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Jake, here's a link to google maps for Doe Lake: https://www.google.com/maps/place/57...a0fc582b7fdee6 Not only do we have all those trees near and around the lake, we have all those trees around those trails to the southeast as well. Heck, if the U.S. government would allow us, we could fit 400 people in there! There's a limit of 250 people allowed to camp there, but thats mainly because of impact. So come on down!

Hammock
    HH
    Tarp
    Superfly or stock
    Insulation
    Jarbidge 3s KAQ
    Suspension
    DIY
    wow 200 and growing is impressive! My wife and I cant wait to meet the wonderful people of HF. I will be buying raffle tickets using "paypal as a gift" as stated to help out.
    Last edited by Rock Paper Scissors; 12-29-2014 at 06:07.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH HexFly
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Rings w/Caribiner
    Ok Gumbo, sent in Donation along with Raffle Ticket $$$
    Bringing the Turkey Cooker as you asked.

Let me know if I can bring anything else to help out. So looking forward to this. Cant even imagine 200+ people.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny's_Trike View Post
    Ok Gumbo, sent in Donation along with Raffle Ticket $$$
    Bringing the Turkey Cooker as you asked.

Let me know if I can bring anything else to help out. So looking forward to this. Cant even imagine 200+ people.

Thanks Sunny!

Yep, it's a lot of folks for sure. A lot of food too. On the plus side, I think our planning has been really good this year. I'm sure it will be a blast as long as everyone chips in and does a small task here or there. I don't need one person to do the dishes every day but I do need 50 people doing the dishes once. On the plus side, you won't be doing the dishes alone.

I've started a task list for things that will need to be kept on top of for everyone's enjoyment. I'll try to get it posted so you good folks can figure out where you might best serve. We're gonna need prep teams, servers and cleaners at least for the meals on Friday and Saturday and Sunday Morning. I also think it might be wise to have a bathroom crew once a day just to check the bathrooms and sweep/mop the floors and showers.

I know some folks might find my obsessive planning a bit over the top, but I believe that it is the planning and execution of this hang that in part has made it so popular within our community. I keep hoping someone will complain so I can pass the torch!
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    Jake, here's a link to google maps for Doe Lake: https://www.google.com/maps/place/57...a0fc582b7fdee6 Not only do we have all those trees near and around the lake, we have all those trees around those trails to the southeast as well. Heck, if the U.S. government would allow us, we could fit 400 people in there! There's a limit of 250 people allowed to camp there, but thats mainly because of impact. So come on down!
    Lilricky, I will be there and look forward to it. As I said, pretty new to hammocks but seems like a really great crowd on this forum and look forward to meeting people . . . . and learning a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    Lilricky, I will be there and look forward to it. As I said, pretty new to hammocks but seems like a really great crowd on this forum and look forward to meeting people . . . . and learning a lot.

• + New Posts
  • Page 68 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast