Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I have an idea for making a video. It will require as much input as we can. My idea is to go thru all our gear, diy, cottage or store bought. As much as it pertains to hammocks and tarps. I would like to make as comprehensive a video, as I can, about the differences between the way we use gear and the reasons we do so. If we think about how we all complete a simple task, like hanging a hammock and tarp, but do it in such a varied way. We all have our reasons. I know some of the venders, shug and many others have explained how a particular piece works, but not always in contrast to everything else. In recent days I have explained certain things to a few people about hammocks. The questions are great and the answers usually envolve a preference that you may not know unless you can see the reasons for choices.

In other words why use dutchware, why use whoopies what is the point of an adjustable rl, does it need a rl biner, why have a ridgeline, continuous rl for a tarp, under over or not at all, stingers, flyz, wasps, figure 9s, linelocs, cord locks, shock cord tensioners, cat cuts, gathered end channel ends, bridge, fronkie bug net, zippered, attached, dl , biners with tree straps, dutch clips and on and on and on.

We can break it down to each section, have people line up to show what they have and keep it short and to the point. I.e. " dutch clips are used like this. It makes it easier to attch and re attach you strap, making set up and removal easy, it also helps when you have a branch in the way and need to raise or lower you strap. "
    This is not meant as a tutorial for each item. For example we would show how a whoopie sling works but we may show the bead and explain/show its importance.

I am open for any suggestions and volunteers. Including a narrators or on screen personalities. I am way to beautiful to be onscreen. Nobody would be able to look away from me to focus on the gear.

Hammock
    Thunderbird 11ft
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I think this is awesome! Especially since I've been asking lots of questions Were you thinking of doing this at the hang?
    Puppy love melts even a cold heart

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Megss you are not the only one. I actually posed someting in a different thread about making sure each vender had a detailed video of there stuff. Hf is diy, cottage central. Many of those guys probably spend great amounts of time answering questions. If we do research and watch enough videos we can usually get a better idea of how this stuff works. Most of us just buy stuff and figure it out, check for videos and more. We are fortunate enough to have the amount of info available. Even with all that we stiff see a flood of questions that can be answered with the right research. My idea would be to put a lot of the specifics in one video (or as much as needed). It would be a collaboration of hf members at a hang (yes the uwharrie hang). Each person doing there part.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I have an idea for making a video. It will require as much input as we can. My idea is to go thru all our gear, diy, cottage or store bought. As much as it pertains to hammocks and tarps. I would like to make as comprehensive a video, as I can, about the differences between the way we use gear and the reasons we do so. If we think about how we all complete a simple task, like hanging a hammock and tarp, but do it in such a varied way. We all have our reasons. I know some of the venders, shug and many others have explained how a particular piece works, but not always in contrast to everything else. In recent days I have explained certain things to a few people about hammocks. The questions are great and the answers usually envolve a preference that you may not know unless you can see the reasons for choices.

In other words why use dutchware, why use whoopies what is the point of an adjustable rl, does it need a rl biner, why have a ridgeline, continuous rl for a tarp, under over or not at all, stingers, flyz, wasps, figure 9s, linelocs, cord locks, shock cord tensioners, cat cuts, gathered end channel ends, bridge, fronkie bug net, zippered, attached, dl , biners with tree straps, dutch clips and on and on and on.

We can break it down to each section, have people line up to show what they have and keep it short and to the point. I.e. " dutch clips are used like this. It makes it easier to attch and re attach you strap, making set up and removal easy, it also helps when you have a branch in the way and need to raise or lower you strap. "
    This is not meant as a tutorial for each item. For example we would show how a whoopie sling works but we may show the bead and explain/show its importance.

I am open for any suggestions and volunteers. Including a narrators or on screen personalities. I am way to beautiful to be onscreen. Nobody would be able to look away from me to focus on the gear.
    Aren't you enrolled in like 18 credits of courses?
    Ok - I'm spitballing ideas here. Creating "Ultimate Hang - the Movie" sounds a bit ambitious.
    Maybe narrow the scope, and knock out a category each hang - this time could be tarps & suspensions .
    Or maybe it's open categories & people (that want to participated) bring ideas for 3 things to talk about.
    Or maybe you develop a list of topics to cover & then see who can talk to them.. like, "Here's why I like a big tarp over a small tarp" then find somebody willing to talk about that.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    @Hotlips - I finally got to the sign-up sheet.

What else do you need? Let me know and I'd be happy to bring it.
    I crossed off the croissants as bmac14b marked on the spreadsheet they were bringing them (thanks bmac)

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    @Hotlips - I finally got to the sign-up sheet.

What else do you need? Let me know and I'd be happy to bring it.
    I crossed off the croissants as bmac14b marked on the spreadsheet they were bringing them (thanks bmac)
    I will need 2 cans of Grands JR homestyle biscuits and a small half and half for breakfast if you'd like to bring those I'd appreciate it.
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    I'm wondering if I need to make a really big batch of Chicken and dumplings for the potluck. Maybe one large enough for 15 people?

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    And Kingsford says I should make biscuit and gravy casserole for breakfast Saturday too. That feeds like 10 people. So maybe one Monkey bread, one pigs in a blanket and one Biscuits and gravy casserole.That should feed about 20 people as long as they don't eat like a mountain man.

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlips View Post
    I will need 2 cans of Grands JR homestyle biscuits and a small half and half for breakfast if you'd like to bring those I'd appreciate it.
    Guess I'm going to need a dozen eggs too. Thank you.

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Megss View Post
    WOW that is an awesome list of possible feast items!!! I must say I am partial to Blackberry or Apple Cobbler in the desert department if anyone else likes that as well. I feel like I will be in a food coma after this trip and the Merchants trip as well!!
    Meggs you will get apple caramel cobbler and blackberry cobbler both at the Merchant Mill hang.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast