DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tree Frog View Post
    I will go with the majority. I too can appreciate camping food and have no problem skipping on the catered affair.

I will bring some eggs for breakfast as said before as well as sweet rolls. I agree we can all pitch in to reimburse those who buy food. I guess we can total it up, divide by people eating and credit those who purchased.

Whatever way works, it is most important we don't stress out over it and just enjoy ourselves. Looking forward to seeing everyone and having another relaxing weekend!
    I really don't want to keep receipts and be reimbursed for food expenses. I do it for the fun and consider this a party or sorts.. I think we're over-complicating this. Maybe it could be made up for by others paying more for the camping fee. KIS
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    I really don't want to keep receipts and be reimbursed for food expenses. I do it for the fun and consider this a party or sorts.. I think we're over-complicating this. Maybe it could be made up for by others paying more for the camping fee. KIS
    Thanks for not saying KISS!

I agree. I don't care either. I just thought those who prefer to pay cash and not bring anything needed a way to pay. Your suggestion regarding camp fees is a good one. Also, they could buy wood.

I won't be counting pennies.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 XL, DH-TB, ENO DN,
    Tarp
    Mambajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3S UQ, HG TQ
    Hello all. I have to cancel this weekend due to work.i did reserve the site T218. if someone can take responsibility for this site and paypal me $59.00 to me that would be great. So sorry for the inconvenience. I would hate to cancel and loose the site all together.
    Last edited by armnyc; 10-21-2014 at 22:44.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    You can transfer the reservation to someone that has a Reserve America account.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    I certainly wasn't suggesting keeping receipts - honor system is great. I'm not suggesting anything other than pooling expenses and using a little common sense with regards to waste. It ain't that hard to plan a menu and divide the cost.

I know some people want to feed the multitudes for free, but then there's people like me who don't want to cook or bring squat but want to pay my fair share. And if some people want to donate food to the Stokes State Forest hang and want zero reimbursement, then that's just less shared expense we have, which is pretty cool. However, don't be selfish with your hospitality - let us lazy bums contribute in some way, even if only monetarily. I don't want to feel like a total freeloader.

So for Saturday breakfast and Saturday dinner, let's just determine how much food we wanna have and make sure we have enough, then add up the costs and divide it.

For Sat Breakfast, I suggest:

4 dozen eggs
    3 lb. bacon
    1 lb. pork roll
    18 Rolls or 20 tortillas
    2 lb. Cheddar

I'll bring 1 dozen eggs, 1 lb. bacon and 16 tortillas. Anybody else wanna volunteer?

PBTB12: you're making drop biscuits and sausage gravy too. How many servings you think you have?

Saturday Dinner

So far we have Perrito and a pork with beans in tomatillo sauce (I love tomatilloes), aircoder with sausage, potatoes and green beans, yooz85 with ribs, and Suede with pulled chicken and buns. How many servings you guys think you have?

Once we know that, we can decide if we want to supplement with burgers, dogs, slabs of meat, cole slaw, potato salad, or whatever.

Wood:

I haven't seen any follow-up posts on wood, so I'll bring two packages and a couple of fake fire logs. Should we add a column for wood on the spreadsheet?

I expect we'd need 12-16 pkgs of wood for Friday and Saturday night? As I recall, there was a fair amount of firewood at the site but would need to be collected.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Senior Member pilsburythrowboy12's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB mamba, HG Incub
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    I'm holding off until the final head count to confirm for Saturday breakfast. I'll make sure I've got atleast a serving for all participants with some extra to spare. I'm bringing my Bucksaw as well as my maul and wedge for the on site wood processing.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by armnyc View Post
    Hello all. I have to cancel this weekend due to work.i did reserve the site T218. if someone can take responsibility for this site and paypal me $59.00 to me that would be great. So sorry for the inconvenience. I would hate to cancel and loose the site all together.
    I will take it. I can cancel site 212 and snag 218. Let me kno

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 XL, DH-TB, ENO DN,
    Tarp
    Mambajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3S UQ, HG TQ
    Thanks Jshep420. I will PM you my Paypay account.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    Ummm. I would just cancel so u don't have to give out ur account info. After u cancel I'll sang it

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    Up to u though

• + New Posts
  • Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast