Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    why would you remove the bug netting from a HH or any other hammock? Why not just get a hammock w/out netting. Heck you could even get a Speer or Claytor Hammock and flip it over and let the bug netting hang down.
    Some people find the HH more comfortable than other hammocks, so modification is the way to go for them. If you already have a HH, modding it would be easier than making a clone from scratch.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

could you not flip the HH over?

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    You may be able to but I don't think so. The HH ridge line would be the thing that would make it almost impossible. It is inside the hammock so if you flipped it over you would have to lay on the Ridge line... unless you are one of those with a removable ridge line. Laying in the hammock with out the ridge line would totally change the way the hammock lays though.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    i noticed the two "neo tarps" that were in use last weekend at hot springs seemed to have real sag issues.
    far more than the silnylon.
    YES! They did, but I was happy to have the extra coverage it provided versus my ENO DryFly. Thanks again HC!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    You may be able to but I don't think so. The HH ridge line would be the thing that would make it almost impossible. It is inside the hammock so if you flipped it over you would have to lay on the Ridge line... unless you are one of those with a removable ridge line. Laying in the hammock with out the ridge line would totally change the way the hammock lays though.
    Even with the ridgeline removed, flipping it over and using it would stress the netting entirely too much. Probably end up with some rips pretty quickly - best case scenario is that the netting would stretch out and not work properly for a normal setup.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    Even if you have a removable ridgeline (I did it to mine) it just doesn't work flipped over or just dropping the netting down into the hammock and laying on it. The reason: The width of the netting is less than the width of the hammock. So, if you drop it down or flip over the edges of the hammock will not be able to fully spread.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123